Windows 10: Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...

Discus and support Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home system recently purchased from Dell. I am having problems installing some programs eg. Pagebreeze HTML editor due to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by benteo82, Jul 19, 2018.

1. benteo82 Win User

Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Home system recently purchased from Dell. I am having problems installing some programs eg. Pagebreeze HTML editor due to inability of the program installation to access my C: . Upon trying to grant myself "Full Control" in the security/advanced tabs, I get the error, "Unable to set new owner on OS (CUnable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum... :) Access is denied".

I have tried changing the "Owner", using various different "Users" and "Groups" to no avail. When I click "Find Now" I get a whole list under the Names column in Search results eg. Administrator, Administrators, ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES, ANONYMOUS LOGON, Authenticated Users, SYSTEM, Users, REMOTE INTERACTIVE LOGON etc... which I've never heard before.

I have also tried using a Local Account, and creating a new account to which I grant Administrator privilage but it seems to have made things worse not better.

It is very frustrating and I'm not sure how to proceed, would appreciate some help !!

Ben

Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum... 1295099.jpg

Alternatively, this happens when I change the owner to my Administrator account name:

:)

benteo82, Jul 19, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...

1. Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum... - Similar Threads - Unable set owner

2. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: Statement: this setting is managed by your administratorI know how to change the registry, but why is this even blocked? Is my PC compromised?It also has the same statement "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the Local Security Authority protection, which is...
  3. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: Statement: this setting is managed by your administratorI know how to change the registry, but why is this even blocked? Is my PC compromised?It also has the same statement "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the Local Security Authority protection, which is...
  4. Unable to perchus items despite not being in a Family Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to perchus items despite not being in a Family Account: Hello!I've been trying to perches a game for the past hour now with no results Specifically Minecraft: Java EditionThe issue is my Microsoft Account has been registered in a family group despite not being in one in the first place. Further, the family group has no one but me...
  5. Unable to perchus items despite not being in a Family Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to perchus items despite not being in a Family Account: Hello!I've been trying to perches a game for the past hour now with no results Specifically Minecraft: Java EditionThe issue is my Microsoft Account has been registered in a family group despite not being in one in the first place. Further, the family group has no one but me...
  6. Unable to perchus items despite not being in a Family Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!: I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite trying both of these options, neither of them is allowing me to action the changes and still advising I require administrator...
  8. Unable to access folder due to permissions, despite being an administrator user and the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access folder due to permissions, despite being an administrator user and the...: [ATTACH] So, I've run into this problem specifically because a game that I have through steam is stuck trying to update a mod in one folder that neither steam nor I can access. I can't delete it, open it, or even look at its properties. It says I need administrator access...
  9. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: I am the admin of my own computer. However, when I went to turn off core isolation, it claims can only be turned off by an administrator. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to set new owner media is write protected

2. unable to set new owner the media is write protected

3. folder unable to set new owner the media is write protected