Windows 10: Unable to setup new user account

Discus and support Unable to setup new user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mazate, Nov 5, 2017.

1. mazate Win User

Unable to setup new user account

I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result.

Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now I'm trying to (hopefully) get my old user account set back up again with all of my installed software and settings. If not my old user account, at least a new one that uses my windows credentials.

The problem I'm running into is that I get this window when I click the option to add a new user account:

Unable to setup new user account [​IMG]

I'm not sure how to proceed. If I can get that user account "David" set back up, that would be ideal. If not , I'll do a new one but based on this window I have no idea how to do either one. It should be asking me for a username and password but it just takes me to this window. Any help is appreciated.

:)

mazate, Nov 5, 2017
  2. Gavin55 Win User

Settings

Nope, didn't work!

And how am I suppose to create a new user account when unable to run Setup?

Not being able to run Setup is the problem!

Gavin55, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Unable to create more than 10 Windows 10 accounts with error: Temporary Error has Occurred.

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup shared Windows 10 desktops for a school. Each child has a Microsoft live account. I have been adding new users with their Microsoft Live email addresses. After I hit 10 users accounts I am unable to add additional accounts to the
    computer, receiving the error that a Temporary Error has Occurred.

Is 10 a hard limit? Is there a way around this?

Original title: Unable to create more than 10 Windows 10 accounts

ClarkRichey, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 5, 2017
  5. mazate Win User
    That's what I'm getting at the moment.

mazate, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I see one problem with the account. It's only a member of the "HomeUsers" group (aka: HomeGroup), but is not a member of the "Administrators" group to be an administrator account.

You can run the command below in an elevated command prompt to add the "David" account as a member of the "Administrators" group.

net localgroup "Administrators" "David" /add

*Arrow Add or Remove Users from Groups in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards, see if you're able to either switch user to your "David" account, or sign in to your "David" account after signing out or at startup.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to setup new user account - Similar Threads - Unable setup user

2. unable to log in after creating new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to log in after creating new user account: I bought a new computer running Windows 11 for my son. I set up an admin account for myself which worked fine. I also set up Microsoft Authenticator, which seems to work OK.Then I added my son as a user. I restarted the computer to let my son log in. After clicking "Sign In"...
  3. unable to log in after creating new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to log in after creating new user account: I bought a new computer running Windows 11 for my son. I set up an admin account for myself which worked fine. I also set up Microsoft Authenticator, which seems to work OK.Then I added my son as a user. I restarted the computer to let my son log in. After clicking "Sign In"...
  4. New User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  5. New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC - User Account Setup Guidace: I will be configuring a new Windows 10 Home PC soon. To be specific, using the Out of Box Experience after opening a store-bought laptop. The last time I did this, in 2016, I caused myself some confusion between the name of the Windows user and the Microsoft Account. What I...
  6. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  7. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  8. User account setup on 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account setup on 10 Pro: How do you set a user up to only log out manually not just by logging in as another user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-setup-on-10-pro/fea97f3a-9ecd-4f67-a8a5-e5d46a30d5e9
  9. New PC setup first user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New PC setup first user account: I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as an administrator but for safety and security reasons, would prefer to use a standard account. How can I dissociate my name...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808