Windows 10: Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Discus and support Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by riqrat, Dec 3, 2015.

1. riqrat Win User

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop
    Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop

On both machines, I have:

Turn on network discovery.
    Turn on file and printer sharing.
    (same for Guest/Public)
    Allow Windows manage homegroup connections.

Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    Turn off password protected sharing

I can see Computer 1 and 2 under Network on both machines.

I have a folder shared on both computers.

I've managed to get Computer 2 to see shared folders on Computer 1.

However, I cannot seem to get Computer 1 to see shared folders on Computer 2.

When I click on the Domain name of the Laptop under Network, it requests Network Credentials.

Entering the Username/Password of either machine does not work.

I'm out of ideas.

Anyone?

TIA

:)

riqrat, Dec 3, 2015

2. Unable to share files between two win 10 computers

How would I know you tried those If you didnt say so.first?

Why would you rate the clearly accurate answer down because you had failed to tell us??

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 3, 2015
  3. DRLner123 Win User
    Unable to share files between two win 10 computers

Tried your suggestions before but they didn't work.

See my reply to Andre

Thanks

DRLner123, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

1. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers - Similar Threads - Unable SHARE files

2. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11: Hey,We have a very old win 95 machine that runs a robot.We wanted to know if anyone can help us setup an smb file share between a win 95 and win 10/11so far we created a shared folder on the win 95, and shared it across the network.the win 10, partially connects to the point...
  3. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  6. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  7. File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network

File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network: I have 2 computers on a home WiFi network. I used to be able to use files on the desktop from my laptop, but the laptop can no longer 'see' the desktop or it's files...
  8. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  9. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  10. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to share files on two computers