Windows 10: Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Discus and support Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by riqrat, Dec 3, 2015.

1. riqrat Win User

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop
    Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop

On both machines, I have:

Turn on network discovery.
    Turn on file and printer sharing.
    (same for Guest/Public)
    Allow Windows manage homegroup connections.

Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    Turn off password protected sharing

I can see Computer 1 and 2 under Network on both machines.

I have a folder shared on both computers.

I've managed to get Computer 2 to see shared folders on Computer 1.

However, I cannot seem to get Computer 1 to see shared folders on Computer 2.

When I click on the Domain name of the Laptop under Network, it requests Network Credentials.

Entering the Username/Password of either machine does not work.

I'm out of ideas.

Anyone?

TIA

:)

riqrat, Dec 3, 2015

2. Unable to share files between two win 10 computers

How would I know you tried those If you didnt say so.first?

Why would you rate the clearly accurate answer down because you had failed to tell us??

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 3, 2015
  3. DRLner123 Win User
    Unable to share files between two win 10 computers

Tried your suggestions before but they didn't work.

See my reply to Andre

Thanks

DRLner123, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

1. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers - Similar Threads - Unable SHARE files

2. sharing files between computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  3. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  4. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network: I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?...
  5. WIndows 10 file sharing between computers

WIndows 10 file sharing between computers: I can access and open files in computer A that are on Computer B's hard Drives I cannot open files on Computer A from Computer B. One computer is windows 10 home and the other is WIndows 10 Pro. I have set up permissions for "everyone" on both machines and all discovery...
  6. 3 Win 10 computer will not share files

3 Win 10 computer will not share files: I have a desktop wired to router. Have a laptop and netbook (11 in) connected WI-fi. The only way I can share files is through file Explorer some times. The laptop most of the time can access the desktop.The desktop some times can access the laptop. The Netbook will not...
  7. cannot share files between windows 10 computers

cannot share files between windows 10 computers: I have had windows 10 running for a while, and I noticed that file sharing has recently stopped working. For the life of me I can't figure out what is stopping this from working. I have a desktop (windows 10) that has the files, as well as two laptops (windows 7 and...
  8. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...
  9. Sharing files between profiles

Sharing files between profiles: After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the moment I can't access the folders in my old profile I'm getting an error message that says 'you don't currently have permissions...
  10. problem sharing files between computers on the same network

problem sharing files between computers on the same network: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I have (successfully) connected/shared my old Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop (via an Ethernet cable) so that I can copy files from the old to the new. An odd problem has occurred: When attempting to copy some folders (e.g.,...