Windows 10: Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

Discus and support Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exspextations, May 25, 2016.

1. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV all the photos / videos stored on my PC. Since the clean install, while all the media locations on my PC are listed in the Windows Media Player Libraries, including my OneDrive, only the OneDrive locations are visible on the TV (Windows appears to automatically add the OneDrive to the list, as if you remove it from the list of libraries it is added again automatically!). The TV is listed in the devices to which the media can be streamed on the Local network.

I also have a Western Digital NAS drive and can stream all media to the TV from this without any problem. Can anybody suggest why the media located in the default Windows Pictures / Video locations cannot be viewed on the TV, while the OneDrive locations are and how I can solve this issue?

:)

Exspextations, May 25, 2016

2. Homegroup malfunction after update to Windows: Creators update (v.1703)

Hej Guys.

I had a fully functioning homegroup, connecting my 2 tv's to the computer, for media streaming.

This somehow is gone after i made the update to Windows creators update v. 1703.

My computer is unable to see the tv's on the network, likewise is the tv's unable to see the computer.

I have tried everything, from connecting all medias to the network again, to making new homegroups and making new shared folders.

Nothing works....

Has anyone else experienced this?

Best regards

Ulrik

Ulrik Grøhn, May 25, 2016
  3. Cbbd13 Win User
    Media Streaming Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then bought a Samsung 4K smart tv. I was trying to media share with my tv via the homegroup for my videos that are on my computer. Once I did the only files that were accessible were all my iTunes media. I have a
    lot more videos in another folder but am unable to access them both in the Network and Sharing Center ... media streaming options and on my tv. I was wondering if there is a way to reconfigure which folders are linked to the media streaming "music", "videos",
    etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i would like to try and avoid using an HDMI due to the position of the tv and access to the cables. Thanks.

Cbbd13, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

1. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Unable share media

2. Missing Drivers After Clean Install of Windows 10 Using Installation Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Drivers After Clean Install of Windows 10 Using Installation Media: Hi, I have Acer One 10 notebook computer with Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 using installation media USB since support.microsoft.com says"You suspect your device has been infected. Use installation media to reinstall Windows" as using installation media to...
  3. Missing Drivers After Clean Install of Windows 10 Using Installation Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Drivers After Clean Install of Windows 10 Using Installation Media: Hi, I have Acer One 10 notebook computer with Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 using installation media USB since support.microsoft.com says"You suspect your device has been infected. Use installation media to reinstall Windows" as using installation media to...
  4. Missing Drivers After Clean Install of Windows 10 Using Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  6. Unable to clean install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  7. Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media

Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media: Greetings. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed...
  8. Unable to see shared media on tv

Unable to see shared media on tv: Hello! I am having problems seeing shared media on my Sharp tv. The pc which is running 10 home 1809 shows folders shared, media shared. When I try and access the music from my tv, freesat box, dvd player or youview box etc. it sees the pc as a media server. I open the...
  9. Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

Windows 10 media creation for clean install.: Constantly get this message after trying to download and run the Windows 10 setup. "There was a problem starting setup. Close the tool, restart your pc, and then try running the tool again." Trying to create it on a USB drive....
  10. Can't share after clean Windows 10 re-install

Can't share after clean Windows 10 re-install: I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop. Everything went well, but now I'm having a problem sharing folders and files over my home network. The laptop can see and access the shared desktop folders, but the desktop (also Windows 10) can't access the laptop...