Windows 10: Unable to share my pictures from administrator to local account

Discus and support Unable to share my pictures from administrator to local account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Im a Windows 10 administrator, and I've shared pictures on the pc with a local account (on the same pc). When the local account holder is logged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seafuryfan, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Unable to share my pictures from administrator to local account

Hi. Im a Windows 10 administrator, and I've shared pictures on the pc with a local account (on the same pc). When the local account holder is logged in they cannot see the pictures in File Explorer. All that is visible in File Explorer is quick access and recently viewed folders. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

seafuryfan, Apr 23, 2016

2. Unable to delete a Local Account Administrator account

You cannot delete the inbuilt account called Administrator. You can only disable it.

You must make sure to have two fully working admin accounts at all times. One to use when needed, one as a spare admin account in case something goes wrong with the primary admin account.

Frederik Long, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Unable to delete a Local Account Administrator account

Thank you.

tan shihui, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Unable to share my pictures from administrator to local account

How are you sharing the pictures?

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Hi Ztrucker,
    With my home screen in view, I click the 'Windows' icon at the bottom left corner. Click File Explorer> Pictures (which is a sub-folder of 'This PC') > Share (at the top of the screen) > my sons account folder. A box opens up which says something like 'Sharing, this may take a few minutes'. The box disappears, the folders requiring sharing show two small people (share icons). I then log on to my sons local account, and there is no way to view shared folders.

seafuryfan, Apr 25, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Look under the computer's icon\name under Network or Homegroup in file explorer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Thank you NavyLCDR and Ztrucker. It seems the solution is to create a homegroup (even though it tells you to create a homegroup to share with other PCs, I wanted to share within my own PC). And even then I stumbled across the solution.
    As ever, it seems that the latest Windows 10 has been designed and tested by very intelligent people without an ounce of common sense. It's been my worst ever Windows 'experience', and that's saying something. Roll on the Mac.

seafuryfan, Apr 26, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Basically, "Sharing" means over the network. "Permissions" under the security tab is how you grant other users of the same computer access to files.

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2016
  9. Thanks NavyLCDR for that, I'll have a look at it again with this in mind. Perhaps it's a generational thing!

seafuryfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to share my pictures from administrator to local account - Similar Threads - Unable share pictures

2. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  3. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  4. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  6. Unlinking my local administrator account from my Microsoft online account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlinking my local administrator account from my Microsoft online account.: I was forced by some Microsoft Store purchase to login to my Online Account in order for the Microsoft Store to install some apps that weren't installing off a user account. Without advising me that my admin account will change and I will lose access to resources created...
  7. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(: I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help.......
  8. Account Picture Administration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Picture Administration: Hi guys, I would like to set an account picture for all users on the PC to the default account picture. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-administration/62616709-a39e-4a64-80ad-1deba24acd98
  9. Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???: This is crazy. I linked my local Administrator account (which has been active since Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 10) to my Microsoft account. I only did this because Microsoft said it would be easier when changing hardware (montherboard died) to re-establish my...
  10. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...