Windows 10: unable to shutdown

Discus and support unable to shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am in a similar situation. Upgraded a self build PC from Windows 7 to 10. Now, I am unable to shutdown. I have turned off the Fast Startup, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kash80, Aug 25, 2015.

1. kash80 Win User

unable to shutdown

I am in a similar situation. Upgraded a self build PC from Windows 7 to 10. Now, I am unable to shutdown. I have turned off the Fast Startup, but it still reboots when I hit 'Shutdown'. Appreciate any input on this.

:)

kash80, Aug 25, 2015
  2. dwflo Win User

Unable to shut down Windows 10

Still waiting for answers. Still unable to shutdown Windows, must shutdown hitting the power button.

dwflo, Aug 25, 2015
  3. I installed windows 10 professional. But it's not get shutdown using shutdown option. Every time i need to sign out from my login and after clicking shutdown button PC got shutdown.

Unable to shutdown PCs on which i installed windows 10.

every time i need to sign out and then it's got shutdown after clicking shutdown option

MaheshSalunke, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

unable to shutdown

Fill out your System Specs so we know what motherboard and cpu you have.

Have you looked for newer Chipset driver for that board and/or cpu?
    Check for updated drivers for all your hardware.

I had problems with my Lenovo K40 not fully shutting down. Found a updated chipset driver for it on the Lenovo site and now it shuts down as it should.

Ztruker, Aug 26, 2015
  5. kash80 Win User
    Figured out that a utility from the motherboard manufacturer was causing this issue. It's the GIGABYTE On/Off Utility. Uninstalling this fixed it, the PC shuts down properly now.

kash80, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unable to shutdown

1. unable to shutdown - Similar Threads - unable shutdown

2. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  3. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  4. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.: Good day, all.I am unable to shutdown my acer travelmate p laptop after the latest Windows 11 update. I have attempted various ways and still unable to resolve this. Even my attempt using the acer bios file does not work, am unable to update from the Windows environment. Any...
  6. Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.

Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.: Good day, all.I am unable to shutdown my acer travelmate p laptop after the latest Windows 11 update. I have attempted various ways and still unable to resolve this. Even my attempt using the acer bios file does not work, am unable to update from the Windows environment. Any...
  7. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  8. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  9. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

10. I'm unable to do this action "Shutdown, Sleep, and restart" my personal computer unless I...

I'm unable to do this action "Shutdown, Sleep, and restart" my personal computer unless I...: Hello,I'm unable to do this actions such as "Sleep, Shutdown, Restart" unless I long press the Power button by physically. This issue was started at 18:30 around on evening IST, before this issue I started updating the derivers by using third party but trusted software.I took...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 unable shutdown self reboot