Windows 10: Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Discus and support Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aoironowind, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

:)

aoironowind, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Backup and Sync from Google available soon

Source: G Suite Update Alerts: Backup and Sync from Google available soon

Brink, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

1. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync - Similar Threads - Unable sign Google

2. Google Backup and Sync won't Open (UI not shown)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Backup and Sync won't Open (UI not shown): I have installed Google Backup and Snc on windows 10. It won't open. To be specific, The UI isn't shown, When I run the application, the Tray icon appears and I can see the processes in the task manager but the UI isn't shown. Similarly, When clicking the Tray icon, Nothing...
  3. Ridiculous Google backup and sync times

Ridiculous Google backup and sync times: So i got a new laptop and i wanted to back up my Google drive to it like i do on my desktop. Simple task, it's almost 300gb, but I'm on gigabit internet... Nope. I decided to make it easy and copy it directly from my desktop to my laptop then just sync it so it's all tied...
  4. Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?: So right now on my Surface laptop i have Google drive backup and sync installed. The problem is my laptop's storage is only 128gb and i'm about to upgrade my drive storage to 200gb to make room for my 150gb worth of files so all this can no longer be stored on my laptop. So...
  5. Backup and Sync Google in conjunction with OneDrive Downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Sync Google in conjunction with OneDrive Downloading: It is too slow, it takes hours, has never completed. OneDrive is syncing at 458.2 KB/s. How can I speed this up? Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-sync-google-in-conjunction-with/4a3b9cbb-567a-4e98-94c0-e8452c29d99a"
  6. Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder: Hi, the attached screenshot should explain what's happening. Essentially, I made a backup of my folders last year, and the only folder that won't delete from that backup is a Google Drive folder. I don't have Google Drive installed on my PC anymore and I tried deleting it in...
  7. After new case install: Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After new case install: Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing: I installed a new case a few days back and had numerous issues therefore. I believe I'm down to my last issue: I use Google Backup and Sync to backup all my photos to the cloud. There are approximately 35,000 photos on my HDD. Problem is this: it takes the app about 15 hours...
  8. Unable to sync my google mail accounts.

Unable to sync my google mail accounts.: I just don't know why it is so difficult for Windows and Microsoft users to sync email accounts and the windows store sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync

Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync: I have just installed Google Backup & Sync - the new replacement for Google Drive. In the drive I downloaded and installed the Cloud ePub Reader app. I now wish to uninstall this app but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? 92185
  10. Backup and Sync from Google available soon

in Windows 10 News
    Backup and Sync from Google available soon: On June 28th, 2017, we will launch Backup and Sync from Google, a tool intended to help everyday users back up files and photos from their computers, so they’re safe and accessible from anywhere. Backup and Sync is the latest version of Google Drive for Mac/PC, which is now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in to backup and sync

2. not able to sign in backup and sync

3. cannot sign in to google backup and sync

4. backup and sync sign in failed,
  5. unable to sign in to backup and sync