Windows 10: Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191

Discus and support Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a number of pcs that we only use offline in our business simulation game. I've just put them online to get the latest security updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EpexWorld, Jul 27, 2018.

1. EpexWorld Win User

Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191

We have a number of pcs that we only use offline in our business simulation game. I've just put them online to get the latest security updates and they've loaded Win10 v1803 eventually (they were W10 v1703). All is working except I can no longer sign-in using the local account that was there before the upgrade. I can still see the local account when signed in as Administrator in the accounts section of settings (under Other People) but it doesn't appear when the computer starts.

How can I reactivate/sign in with it please? I've tried deleting and re-adding new user but again, local account doesn't show up at startup. Is this a new "feature" of v1803?

Many thanks for any help.

:)

EpexWorld, Jul 27, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2018
  3. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191

1. Unable to sign in to local accounts after upgrade to 1803 Build 17134.191 - Similar Threads - Unable sign local

2. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  3. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  4. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local Profile Issues After Build Upgrades

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Profile Issues After Build Upgrades: Hello, Noticed a couple of annoying things with a recent build upgrade from 1803 to 1903. The local profile seemed broken. Start menu wouldn't work etc. But when you logged in under a local user (domain machine) you could remove the domain user locally and it would return...
  6. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  7. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  8. Unable to upgrade my "Desktop" to Windows 10 1803 build

Unable to upgrade my "Desktop" to Windows 10 1803 build: The upgrade to Windows 10 1803 build consistently fails on my desktop. I have even tried to reinstall the windows 10 build. I do have enough space on c drive. This is simply frustrating. Please advise what else I should do....
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. unable to upgrade my "Desktop" to Windows 10 1803 build

unable to upgrade my "Desktop" to Windows 10 1803 build: The upgrade to Windows 10 1803 build consistently fails on my desktop. I have even tried to reinstall the windows 10 build. I do have enough space on c drive. This is simply frustrating. Please advise what else I should do....