Windows 10: Unable to start OS on Windows 10.

Discus and support Unable to start OS on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wow, where to start. First I want to address that I'm not using my PC at the moment, I'm on my kindle tablet. So, I can't get access to my PC at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CottonShark, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Unable to start OS on Windows 10.

Wow, where to start. First I want to address that I'm not using my PC at the moment, I'm on my kindle tablet.

So, I can't get access to my PC at all. Not even the log in screen. I've tried several methods but no avail.

I upgraded my PC on August from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Everything went flawless. Until now. I turn on my PC and boots up normal, I see the Windows 10 logo boot screen too. Normally, I expect to see the log in screen after that. Not anymore. After the boot process, the PC gets stuck on this gray screen, and no loading icon neither. I tried Microsoft's system recovery by pressing f11 on boot. It prompted me with three options. I choose "Microsoft startup repair too". That didn't worked neither, I get this error message:

problem event name: startup repair offline
    problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
    problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
    problem signature 03: unknown
    problem signature 04: -1
    problem signature 05. system disk
    problem signature 06: 1
    problem signature 07: NoOsInstalled
    OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    locale id: 1033

Am I screwed? Also, sometimes when booting the PC like three times, it launches with a blue screen saying "choose your keyboard layout". But I am unable to do anything. Both the mouse and keyboard are knocked out, I've tried connecting them to other usb ports, but none seem to respond only when this blue screen shows up. They are both wireless.

Please, I would like to try any possible solutions. My last option is resting the whole machine and wipe out everything back to it's factory settings. I have a portable hard disk in which I backed up my PC like a month or two ago. But I don't want to do this, but if there are no other options, I'll have to.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

:)

CottonShark, Nov 2, 2015

2. upgraded to windows 10 went to start back up USB and put me back to windows 7

Original Title: WINDOWS 10

upgraded to windows 10 went to start back up USB and put me back to windows 7. unable to locate my product key and I have to change my password on email acct everytime I log in...also it says os is w10 but I am unable to locate any of my files.

ChristineBakerUE, Nov 2, 2015
  3. not able to connect to internet in safemode with networking, stuck up with safemode , even after inserting the password mplease suggest for solutions

I had started my pc with safe mode in windows 10 os , but even after logging to safe mode with networking unable to login with the password , and message is displayed ,unable to connect to internet, please provide the solution

***Post moved by the moderator to the proper forum category.***

VIJAYMANDE, Nov 2, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Unable to start OS on Windows 10.

Connect wired USB or PS/2 (with the round connector) mouse and keyboard so you can access the selections. Next time you see the blue screen, select your keyboard layout and then Startup Repair. If this doesn't work, go to the troubleshooting screen again and this time select System Restore. Try to restore to a previous working point. Post if you fixed the problem.

spapakons, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Don't have PS2 keyboard or controller. But I did use my wired keyboard and mouse, which neither worked too once prompted with the blue screen. I'd figured my OS broke so I did system recovery. I Managed to get my important projects from my hard drive with my tablet via LAN before the system recovery. My pc is running nice and smooth now on Windows 7. Gonna install Windows 10 later, hopefully everything goes well.

Thanks for taking your time with the reply though!

CottonShark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to start OS on Windows 10.

1. Unable to start OS on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Unable start

2. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  3. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  4. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login: Hello,Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off due a software installation, now I am unable to login.If I click on log in, i getting error need to set a new pin.If I click on shift and restart. Advance option goes to email login. I have...
  6. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  7. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  8. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  9. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  10. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...