Windows 10: Unable to Start Windows 10 RAW drive problem

Discus and support Unable to Start Windows 10 RAW drive problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to start windows 10. Tried to System restore, system image recovery, startup repair, go back to the previous build, & reset this PC all did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahdamb, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ahdamb Win User

Unable to Start Windows 10 RAW drive problem

Unable to start windows 10. Tried to System restore, system image recovery, startup repair, go back to the previous build, & reset this PC all did not work. Tried in "command prompt" chkdsk C: /f /r /x, but i get the error "The type of file system is RAW." "CHKDSK is not available for raw drives." *Mad I have tried to load raw drive recovery software via "command prompt", but it says the subsystem image is not supported. Please help!! Has anyone ever gone through this?

:)

ahdamb, Jun 4, 2016
  2. *Southie* Win User

WIN X SE PRO - USB FLASH STICK - INSTALLING DRIVERS CONVERTING TO RAW FORMATS?

Have bunches of Flash Drives / Sticks / USB - problem?

Once inserted

Runs the self-install for driver of that particular USB

Once completed - converts it to RAW?

Unable to format RAW

Attempt by Windows Self Pop Up

"You must format disk..."

Used:

compmgmt

"Shows as RAW

Have used these programs to correct this issue:

Ease Partition

Guru

CCleaner

All of them are reporting: "Unable to Wipe Drive" (The USB Flash / Stick) - contains errors?

How is anyone supposed to use brand new USB Device once after Windows picks it up and installs drivers when it is converting them to RAW format? Already used well-known programs to try to wipe the disk out and reformat to:

FAT32 / EXFAT / FAT / NTFS?

Unable to Start Windows 10 RAW drive problem [​IMG]

ANOTHER NEW ISSUE?

WIN X SE PRO version: 1607

*Southie*, Jun 4, 2016
  3. drive not accesible.

last night I updated my windows 10 with anniversary update.. after that I m unable to access my d drive. tell me how to access?

different online supports are not able to help me out.. in disc management it shows raw drive whether other drive shows NTFS. tell me the solution.. it is not showing security tab in properties box.

SunnySharma_737, Jun 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi ahdamb and welcome to Tenforums.

Please have a read here. Sounds like it's time for recovery software.
    File System Is RAW And CHKDSK Is Not Available for RAW Drives - EaseUS

Sometimes, the drive fails in such a way that it becomes RAW, which usually caused by a sudden power failure, stop error or virus attack.

Or, Recuva (free).

Also, some info here:
    UPDATED How To Fix: External Disk Drive Suddenly Became RAW

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...*Sad

simrick, Jun 4, 2016
  5. ahdamb Win User
    I have a solid state drive and it is an internal drive. Is there anyway to run the recovery software from the command prompts? I keep getting an error message when I try? Is there one that works when others won't? To fix this problem I really can only access the command prompt.

ahdamb, Jun 4, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Start Windows 10 RAW drive problem - Similar Threads - Unable Start RAW

2. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker raw drive recover: I connected a new ssd to the computer, deleted the windows partition on the old hdd, and installed windows on the new ssd. Now the partition that was encrypted by bitlocker on my old hdd has become a raw partition. Tried many ways but it didn't work, how to bring it back my...
  3. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  4. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  5. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB drive RAW

USB drive RAW: It said i need to format the drive to use it,but i dont want to,since there are important files in it,i cant check for disk errors since there was no recognized file system,please help if you can,thanks....
  7. raw hard drive

raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  8. raw hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  9. Unable to View raw images on Windows 10

Unable to View raw images on Windows 10: hi. I have a Canon 6d Markii which uses .CR2 RAW files I am wondering why as October 7, 2018 I still can't view RAW files on Windows 10, Can anyone help me out with some info? Thanks Old title: Still cant view raw image on windows 10...
  10. Recovering a "RAW" drive

Recovering a "RAW" drive: Ordinary 6TB HDD plugged into an external carrier, USB3 to the laptop. Worked fine. Had a situation where the power went off and on to the carrier several times and suddenly the HDD says it's NOT formatted, it's a 'RAW' drive. I don't want to recover the 250,000 or so files...