Windows 10: Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside

Discus and support Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello dear people of the Internet, I've stumbled accross something I cannot solve at all. there is 1 folder which cant be changed/deleted nor anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FufflesPL, Apr 17, 2017.

1. FufflesPL Win User

Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside

Hello dear people of the Internet,
    I've stumbled accross something I cannot solve at all. there is 1 folder which cant be changed/deleted nor anything inside or any other action. here are the errors

Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside [​IMG]

After Pressing Continue

Even tho Im the admin and the only user on this PC,
    I tried to change the Permissions but this happens like a billion times for each thing inside the folder

:)

FufflesPL, Apr 17, 2017

2. UNWANTED FOLDER IN START (AMONG START TILES)

I see a folder in Start which without me doing anything has two apps showing on/in it. I cannot take the apps out of this folder - they keep going back in it - nor can I remove this folder from Start - right-click only shows Resize as a possible
    action. Need help.

Jose Martin C.G., Apr 17, 2017
  3. Dales Win User
    "Special" folder has popped up on my desktop

A few days ago, all of a sudden a folder names "special" (all small letters), popped up on my Win 10 Desktop. Inside the folder is a folder named "C-Drive", which has inside it "Users - DALE", which has inside it "Documents". The folder "Documents" is
    empty.

I have no idea where this came from, nor how to get rid of it without causing a problem in my folders structure.

Dales, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @FufflesPL

This is probably due to the permissions you are trying to change being inherited permissions. Try higher up where the permissions are being inherited from. Possibly as far up as:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

5. FufflesPL Win User
    tried Steam, Steam/steamapps, Steam/steamapps/common, Steam/steamapps/common/DontStarveTogether

still nothing, the same errors appear

Could I somehow overcome permissions and delete this whole folder?

FufflesPL, Apr 17, 2017
  6. mQ573 Win User
    mQ573, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to take any action to a folder nor folders inside - Similar Threads - Unable action folder

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?

How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?: Hi guys! Like the Subject says "How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?" Because every single time I've taken ownership of WindowsApps it breaks something. But I have to get the path to my games installed there....
  6. Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside: Hi! I'm Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside these. I am able to change the icons in other folders. I just installed Windows 10 and made all the updates. I have only one account which is a Local Administrator Acct ....
  7. Folders inside other Folders

Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  8. Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder: Hi Ten Forums, I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations, desktop, downloads, pictures, music, etc........ but not in Documents. A system restore point back in February seemed to fix it...
  9. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to take ownership of a folder.: Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC. [img] This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below. [img] [img] I have even applied the changes to all...
  10. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862