Windows 10: unable to tile two explorer windows side by side

Discus and support unable to tile two explorer windows side by side in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; with windows 7 it was so easy, when I had two windows open, be it word, a browser or windows explorer to chose show windows side by side......they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 1, 2015.

1. unable to tile two explorer windows side by side

with windows 7 it was so easy, when I had two windows open, be it word, a browser or windows explorer to chose show windows side by side......they seemed to snap together or were easily encouraged to do so.

with windows 10 the two windows seem to stay over to the left of the screen and both only take up approx 50% of the screen....I try and stretch them to, which works of a fashion but not remembered next time I start the PC....

not sure urge if there is something I should be doing to make this work better...

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 1, 2015
  2. BobEddy Win User

File explorer - two drives open side by side

Neither of these worked on my win 10 home version with all available updates. I accidently ran across the procedure to first open a file manager window, then left click grab the upper edge in the empty space (it then becomes a small window) then drag to
    the right half of the screen and release. Then there forms a vertical separator bar and the window duplicates on the left, so you now have two file manager instances.

I spent a lot of time searching help and never found this solution. I just got lucky.

BobEddy, Oct 1, 2015
  3. SHES Win User
    File explorer - two drives open side by side

This unfortunately didn't help. However, I have found two ways of doing this - one from a previous helper - to open File Explorer twice and put them side by side and the other from Windows 10 Help - to open File Explorer and then click on File and then
    Open in New Window.

My request for Help is now answered.

SHES, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

unable to tile two explorer windows side by side

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  5. will certainly give this a try....the one I was referring to,is on the task bar think it's right click tile as.....options at e right click on explorer tab on task bar.....was so simple, but maybe aero snap is better...

6. Cliff S New Member
    unable to tile two explorer windows side by side [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  7. Does this mean it works for you ? is aero snap turned on ?
    thanks

8. Cliff S New Member

yup in settings

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  9. Hi
    I have the aero options turned on, they were on anyway

Dont understand why when choosing show windows side by side i get this.....happens on my windows 10 laptop as well....

10. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried using the *Start and -> or <- ?

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  11. yes just found this and it seems to work ok......just confused why the right click task bar show windows side by side gives the screen in my previous post

12. Cliff S New Member
    I have no idea... Maybe they need to be house trained?*chuckle

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  13. unable to tile two explorer windows side by side

worked so well with windows 7 32 and 64 bit.....maybe not implemented properly in windows 10......bit beyond me, maybe someone else knows.

thanks for your help

14. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. Maybe snap was castrated because it wouldn't work well across all devices*Think

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  15. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I was in a computer place and tried "Show windows side by side" on their demo systems (64 bits -mine's a 32bit upgrade from 8.1).

Guess what? It worked. So... is everyone here who find this doesn't work (stacks windows on left), using a 32 bit system by any chance? Or has everyone upgraded, rather than doing a clean install?

dalchina, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. unable to tile two explorer windows side by side - Similar Threads - unable tile explorer

2. Restore 'Show Windows Side by Side' as an option for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore 'Show Windows Side by Side' as an option for Windows Explorer: Hello,Please bring this feature back that was present in Windows 10 for Windows Explorer.Snapping individual windows is tedious, so applying a custom snap layout to all open Explorer windows is very desirable. Removing this feature is a small step backward for this...
  3. Restore 'Show Windows Side by Side' as an option for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore 'Show Windows Side by Side' as an option for Windows Explorer: Hello,Please bring this feature back that was present in Windows 10 for Windows Explorer.Snapping individual windows is tedious, so applying a custom snap layout to all open Explorer windows is very desirable. Removing this feature is a small step backward for this...
  4. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  5. Open two windows , then put them side by side

Open two windows , then put them side by side: I want to be able to open two windows on the computer screen, then put them side by side. I have looked at all the windows 10 forums and still no luck. The answers did not match my windows 10 0/S system/ My computer is new in Jan 2021. Thanks [Original subject:...
  6. Two Sided Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Sided Printing: Ever since purchasing a WIN10 computer my HP LaserJet Pro 400 no longer prints two sided. The option is available in the printing APP but does not print two sided after selection. any ideas on fix? Thanks...
  7. two side printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    two side printing: How do you get out of print both side command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-side-printing/7f6682d9-cd59-43d1-bad3-3d5f7416706f
  8. Arranging two windows side by side

in Windows 10 Support
    Arranging two windows side by side: Windows 10 v1903 64bit.I`m having a problem trying to arrange two windows side by side,I need to do this to be able to drag and drop files from one to the other.I select the two windows I need but one just replaces the other. I never had this problem with previous versions of...
  9. Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.

Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.: When I do the cascade, stack or side-by-side from right clicking on the task bar, it ignores any windows running as administrator. This happens in both Server 2016 and Windows 10. Is there any way to make these windows tile like regular windows? In this screenshot I had...
  10. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0