Windows 10: Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Discus and support Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shytot, May 14, 2018.

1. shytot Win User

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

:)

shytot, May 14, 2018

2. Windows Defender

The Windows Defender in Windows 10 states that my "Real Time"protection is turned off. It is unable to turn it on. How can I turn on the Real Time Protection?

RickBowen_915, May 14, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Real-time protection: Disabled

I was running windows defender scan, when my Windows 10 Laptop turned off unexpectedly due to power off.

When I switched on the PC, Windows defender real time protection status was unavailable. All efforts to turn it off proved futile.

I updated windows 10, but it didn't change anything about the problem.

I followed some tutorials online by using the Local Group Policy Editor, and changing the status of "Turn off windows Defender" status to disabled.

I also tried this command: "sfc /scannow" on the command prompt to scan for malicious files, but that didn't work neither.

Virus and spyware definitions is however Up to date.

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection [​IMG]

Any help will be appreciated.

[Moved from Windows]

ultrasamad, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

1. Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection - Similar Threads - Unable Disable Defender

2. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  3. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  4. Real-time protection disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  5. Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender

Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender: I recently decided to uninstall all my anti-virus software and wanted to revert to using Windows Defender as my main anti-virus. After uninstalling, I went ahead and open Windows Defender and saw that my real-time protection was disabled. I went into settings and when I was...
  6. How to disable windows defender/real time protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable windows defender/real time protection: Im on windows 10 home edition and this shit keeps bugging me and yes I know the risks etc. I know on the pro you can go and disable it pretty easy so I was wondering if there is a method for people on the home submitted by /u/MidnightEmojis [link] [comments]...
  7. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  8. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  9. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix unable to turn of real time protection in defender

2. unable to diable real time protection in defender