Windows 10: Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

Discus and support Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello again. I recently upgraded my SENS 900X Samsung laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I did the easy upgrade, not a clean install. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whereismyputer, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

Hello again. I recently upgraded my SENS 900X Samsung laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I did the easy upgrade, not a clean install. I did reformat my computer while it was in Windows 7, updated it, then upgraded to Windows 10.

When I turn on or restart my computer, I get a message which says:

Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer [​IMG]

I found help with this issue on this forum: link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

However, after performing step 3, I get this message: "Your power plan information isn't available. Access is denied."

Help would be awesome! Thank you in advance.

Note: I've found many fixes for users in Windows 7 and 8, but I don't want to start mashing keys in command prompt if it isn't good for 10.

:)

whereismyputer, Nov 22, 2015

2. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

I found this occurs when "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)" is selected.

Turning it off (uncheck the option) and the problem completely disappears.

It occurs more frequently when using a machine fitted with a SSD, namely Samsung 840 EVO or 850 PRO.

System Settings -> Power and sleep button and lid settings -> "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)" (uncheck this option and the issue disappears)

LightTouch, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Since last update to 12467, when I power on windows freezes , so have to turn off and restart.

I do not have a setting Turn off fast boot ??

But my power settings are set by Samsung magician

RonWillsher, Nov 22, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

Are you logged into an account with administrator privileges?

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    from cmd prompt(admin) type>
    powercfg -h off

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Yes, I believe I am. I am the only user for this computer, and only one account set up.

Yes, I can change power plans, and change settings, no problem.

8. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

I tried, and this is what happened.

9. Okay, I opened command prompt as an admin:

I am still getting the same message when I try to change what the power buttons do. "Your power plan information isn't available. Access is denied."

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There seems to be an issue with just that one power plan then since you are able to change the settings in other power plans without issue.

Is this a custom power plan that is having this issue?

If so, I would recommend to just use another power plan set how you like.

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  11. Kyhi Win User
    You just turn off hibernation / faststartup

12. I have changed to the normal, "recommended" power plan, however I still get the Fast Start message saying that the application isn't supported on this version of windows, which is what I am trying to get rid of. I'll try restarting the computer with other power plans to see if this is the cause.

whereismyputer, Nov 23, 2015
  13. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

As I mentioned in the post above, I am still receiving the Fast Start message, and I still cannot access the Change What the Power Buttons Do menu.

I appreciate the help, though, everyone. I'm open to any more suggestions!

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 23, 2015
  15. I followed the first few steps; ADWCleaner didn't find anything. JRT deleted a couple of tasks and extensions, but nothing related to Fast Start or anything that looks like actual malware. My problem persists!

I don't see any programs listed named Fast Start, or anything else out of place.

I looked up this problem on Microsoft's forums too, and someone mentioned to run (on Admin Command prompt) >sfc/scannow. This is the result:

The problem remains.

Any other ideas? Thanks again, everyone, for the help.

Thema:

Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

1. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer - Similar Threads - Unable turn off

2. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  3. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  4. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on: I have a Windows 10 Surface, and I am experiencing an ongoing issue with the power/screen. When I click the power button to put the computer to sleep but not shut down, I can usually turn it back on shortly. However, if I leave the screen off for too long, I can't turn it...
  6. How to turn off Samsung monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to turn off Samsung monitor?: Got this monitor very recently. I was able to turn it off but now... i cannot. When i power off my laptop, i turn off my other monitor... but this new monitor... it shows display port in the top left... then i believe the screen goes dark. But the power button seems to keep...
  7. Turning off Fast Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Fast Boot: Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiwqb5/turning_off_fast_boot/
  8. Computer starts and immediately turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts and immediately turns off: hey guys i recently had this problem and i couldnt solve it. so i thought it could be due to some dust in computer. so i cleaned the whole computer from the inside. after finishing i started the computer but it immediately turns off. there is no beep or any video output. my...
  9. My computer turns off mice when moving fast

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer turns off mice when moving fast: I tested it with multiple different mice. Every time I move my mouse quickly for long distances smth like 10cm, it just turns off for a few seconds. It started happening around a year ago but I don't remember changing anything. help?...
  10. Turning off Fast start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Fast start.: Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung fast start disable