Windows 10: unable to turn wireless on

Discus and support unable to turn wireless on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Windows 10 Home is updated, wireless switch is not able to be turned on. I clicked an icon wifi, no lucks, and wireless switch is on in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by electron100, Jul 23, 2017.

1. unable to turn wireless on

After Windows 10 Home is updated,
    wireless switch is not able to be turned on.
    I clicked an icon wifi, no lucks, and
    wireless switch is on in settings.
    any fix?

unable to turn wireless on [​IMG]

:)

electron100, Jul 23, 2017
  2. YogsPc Win User

wifi capability not turning on

Hii

I an unable to turn on my wireless capability plss guide

YogsPc, Jul 23, 2017
  3. wmilam Win User
    How to turn of Bluetooth in Windows 10?

Original Title:BKUETOOTH ON/OFF

I JUST UPGRADE FROM W8 TO W10 ON MY NETBOOK COMPUTER. I WAS ABLE TO USE THE NOTIFICATION AREA TO TURN ON BLUETOOTH & USE MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES WITH MY NETBOOK. WHEN I WENT TO TUNE BLUETOOTH OFF, THE ICON DISAPPEARED FROM THE NOTIFICATION AREA...& I AM
    STILL CONNECTED TO MY NETBOOK..& AM UNABLE TO USE MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES WITH ANY OTEHR DEVICE SINCE I AM UNABLE TO TURN THE BLUETOOTH SETTING OFF. MY BLUETOOTH WIRELESS HEADPHONES CAN ONLY BE ATTACHED TO ONE DEVICE AT A TIME.

THE BLUETOOTH ICON IS STILL MISSING IN THE NOTIFICATIONS AREA...

YOUR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE...TKS

wmilam, Jul 23, 2017
  4. unable to turn wireless on

Hi electron100.

If you wouldn't mine reset your network and see if this helps.

Start => Settings => Network & internet => scroll to bottom of right hand side => Reset Network

You will "Forget" all your wireless passwords.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 23, 2017
  5. No luck,
    hit reset, and
    my laptop restarted,
    Not working.

electron100, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey electron100,
    You don't specify with model toshiba laptop you have, but most have a Function Key to turn wireless on/off. Check the Toshiba website for your specific model, but usually you .. Press the Fn Key, then F8. Some even have a physical switch on the front of the laptop.

Eagle51, Jul 30, 2017
  7. I tried that wireless switch on this hardware before wireless is reset,
    that did not work,
    Ten may not supported hardware switch,

electron100, Jul 30, 2017
  8. unable to turn wireless on

Time to see if this is your Windows or the machine.

Please have a look in your device manager, are there any unrecognized devices, yellow exclamation points. Within menu at top please click on show hidden devices.

Next please ensure your touchpad has been detected as proper make, had a Toshiba that thought it had a Lenovo touchpad, reset it and it cleared strange keyboard. Does your device manager show a wireless card?

Next I would enter BIOS, note current BIOS settings and then load defaults. Each machine is different on what F key or sequence of keys to achieve but most BIOS's have a process to perform reset.

I would then download and create a Kyhi's Recovery disk. Boot from it and see if Windows detects wireless

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 30, 2017
  9. my device manager looks like this;
    I clicked "update driver" on keyboard and touch pad, there is none.

electron100, Aug 3, 2017
  10. Hold F2 key in boot,
    BIOS doesn't show up

electron100, Aug 3, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Airplane mode is turned on. Click on the airplane mode icon/button to turn airplane mode off.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to turn wireless on

1. unable to turn wireless on - Similar Threads - unable turn wireless

2. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on wireless capability: Hello,I’ve reset my laptop and all is good apart from the internet. I went through the set up process but couldn’t connect to the internet. When I try to connect to WiFi in settings, the laptop tells me that WiFi is disabled and I can’t enable it. Any ideas??...
  3. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on wireless capability: Hello,I’ve reset my laptop and all is good apart from the internet. I went through the set up process but couldn’t connect to the internet. When I try to connect to WiFi in settings, the laptop tells me that WiFi is disabled and I can’t enable it. Any ideas??...
  4. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. unable to turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to turn on: Cant find a way to properly turn on the computer. When I press the power button it will just say preparing Windows then restart again. It will just loop the process and nothing seems to work. I have Windows 10 Lenovo laptop....
  6. unable to turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to turn on: Cant find a way to properly turn on the computer. When I press the power button it will just say preparing Windows then restart again. It will just loop the process and nothing seems to work. I have Windows 10 Lenovo laptop....
  7. unable to turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Wireless device not turned on."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Wireless device not turned on.": I recently updated to windows 10 and after that I cannot connect to any wireless device. Ethernet seems to work fine also USB tethering is working fine. The troubleshooter says to turn on wifi from the keyboad/ hardware key but I don't have a hardware key. Whenever I turn on...
  9. Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on: I recently decided to upgrade the wifi for my HP envy dv4 laptop. It came with an intel centrino wireless n 2230 which is capped at less than half my normal download speed. I made sure to uninstall the drivers for the 2230 before putting in the newer 7260. I also made...
  10. Cannot turn on Wireless Capability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot turn on Wireless Capability: I've tried reinstalling drivers, editing registry keys, running trouble shooters, and the only thing the trouble shooter tells me is that my Wireless Capability is turned off. I pressed Fn + f4 (Which is the re-enable wifi tower symbol) and It does not work for some reason....