Windows 10: unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account

Discus and support unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have installed google chrome onto my tablet in which i also downloaded windows 10. I can use chrome but i am unable to sign into my account. When i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mlpope1121, Aug 10, 2015.

1. unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account

I have installed google chrome onto my tablet in which i also downloaded windows 10. I can use chrome but i am unable to sign into my account. When i try to type my email and password, it will not show in the sign in boxes. I was able to before windows 10, so can someone help me?

:)

mlpope1121, Aug 10, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Google Chrome won't open after upgrading to Windows 10

Uninstall Google Chrome.

Sign out of your user account.

Sign back in to your user account.

Download and install Google Chrome.

BulldogXX, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 start menu doesn't work

When I click on the windows icon for shutting down a blue box appears which says start menu not working and windows will try to fix it when logging back in. Clicking on the box signs me out. I am unable to get the programs screen. The internet explorer is
    not working. Since I have google chrome I am able to use the computer only through google chrome but not through microsoft internet explorer.

Please advise.

NeelkantKoundinya, Aug 10, 2015
  4. DeUltima Win User

unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account

I am having the same issue. I have no problem typing in Chrome directly, it's only the Chrome sign in box that isn't taking input from the on-screen keyboard. I can copy and paste input in, however the Chrome sign in box vanishes if you click anywhere else on the screen, so I can only get the username or password in that way, not both. It appears they take input, just no flashing cursor or input being taken from the on-screen keyboard. Like mlpope1121, this wasn't an issue in 8.1 before I upgraded. I have even tried resetting the PC to no avail, except losing my ability to downgrade back to 8.1. Does anyone know if there is any other way to sign into Chrome without using the default sign in box? Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:
    I went to my local NCIX here in Vancouver, and picked up a USB Micro-B to USB adapter, so I could plug in a standard keyboard/mouse. With a standard mouse and keyboard I had no problems signing in. It appears to be a problem with the on-screen keyboard only.

DeUltima, Aug 11, 2015
  5. I have an adaptor and keyboard and tried it. It allowed be to sign in. Thanks for the advice.

mlpope1121, Aug 14, 2015
  6. If you use the tab key on the on screen keyboard you can tab your way into the fields and then type. Worked for me on my Dell Venue.

Chris Fadden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account

1. unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account - Similar Threads - unable type sign

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  4. Unable to Uninstall Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Uninstall Google Chrome: Google Chrome has been working up till recently, now whenever I press on the icon nothing happens. I decided to uninstall Chrome but I'm unable to since it says "please close all Google Chrome windows and try again." The thing is that I have no tabs open, and chrome doesn't...
  5. Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome: In Windows 7 I had 2 different email accounts. One was with ATT Yahoo and the other in Google Chrome. I have a new laptop running Windows 10. My Att yahoo account in Windows 10 is fine but when I go to Chrome it is asking me to set up a new email account. If I try to log...
  6. Unable to type in Search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Search box: Hi all, I have an office and 3 of my machines are unable to type in the search box, I've come to the conclusion that it is Cortana as on all 3 machines there is no Cortana to be seen. But other machines in the office have Cortana and are able to search I have tried...
  7. Unable to install Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Google Chrome: Hi, I just got a new Dell with windows 10 Home and can't download Google Chrome because of windows "security" because the website is a secure website.. I've seen all the other people having this issue and the moderators saying it's because you have windows 10S instead of 10...
  8. Unable to install Google Chrome

Unable to install Google Chrome: I have tried numerous ways to install Google Chrome and it won't allow me. I have tried through Edge & IE but doesn't allow the download. I would appreciate any advice in how I can download it....
  9. Google account sign-in using chrome and windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google account sign-in using chrome and windows 10: Laptop computer will not bring up Google account sign in screen. Received error code cofire.exe application error. Application was unable to start correctly. (0xc0000142) Click ok to close application. Tried to perform system restore back to a previous period (6/9/19)...
  10. Unable to Install Google Chrome

Unable to Install Google Chrome: Hello, I use Google Chrome daily on my PC but a few sites weren't accessible with my current version of Chrome. When updating, there was a small black window pops up but quickly disappears & the process stops. I read a few internet posts saying to do a clean install (tried...