Windows 10: unable to unlock icons on my Desktop

Discus and support unable to unlock icons on my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed Windows 10 from Windows 7. no checks on Auto arrange or Align Icons to Grid. I also use the program Fences to arrange some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neil1936, Aug 4, 2015.

1. neil1936 Win User

unable to unlock icons on my Desktop

I have just installed Windows 10 from Windows 7. no checks on Auto arrange or Align Icons to Grid. I also use the program Fences to arrange some of my Icons but I also have some outside of the Fences. Any suggestions?

:)

neil1936, Aug 4, 2015

2. Desktop appears to be locked after upgrading from windows 7 to 10

After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 I'm unable to move any of my icons. I have reviewed all fixes and nothing works. Please provide proper method to unlock desktop and icons.

Kerndigg

JohnDiggins, Aug 4, 2015
  3. I cannot rearrange the icons on the desktop

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and for some reason I cannot customize my desktop with the program shortcuts that are being displayed.

I try to click and drag them around in an order that I like but I am unable to. I have tried playing with the 'Arrange by' and the 'Sort Desktop by' options but nothing seems to work. I have restarted multiple times with no change.

It almost seems like they are locked in place, how do I 'unlock' the desktop icons?

Ryan

rwaynesmith, Aug 4, 2015
  4. unable to unlock icons on my Desktop

I have same error in my Laptop, upgraded from Win7. All my desktop icons frozen, can't move or rearrange. Anyone have a solution to fix? How to unlock them?

Saravananc1, Aug 20, 2015
  5. sekharmds Win User
    same prob.
    plz help me [Email removed for your safety]

sekharmds, Aug 24, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    and you could have more problem from posting an email address in a open forum ,you should remove it now

caperjack, Aug 24, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    What happens when you tick them? I have tried by unticking and ticking.
    If that doesn't work, use this tutorial to use sfc /scannow:SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

unable to unlock icons on my Desktop [​IMG]

unable to unlock icons on my Desktop [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unable to unlock icons on my Desktop

1. unable to unlock icons on my Desktop - Similar Threads - unable unlock icons

2. how to unlock my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to unlock my desktop: i mistakenly locked my desktop while trying to disable location. now i can't sign in. the error says an administrator must sign in. I am the administrator and the desktop is across the room from my laptop which i am using now. my pin doesn't work and there is no place to sign...
  3. how to unlock my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to unlock my desktop: i mistakenly locked my desktop while trying to disable location. now i can't sign in. the error says an administrator must sign in. I am the administrator and the desktop is across the room from my laptop which i am using now. my pin doesn't work and there is no place to sign...
  4. how to unlock my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change desktop icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change desktop icon.: I am on Windows 10 and a game I have from Steam called "Isle of Arrows" randomly had its desktop icon change from the first image to the second. The second one seems to come from the system32 folder, and when I try to change it back to the proper one and click "Apply" or "OK"...
  6. Unable to change desktop icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change desktop icon.: I am on Windows 10 and a game I have from Steam called "Isle of Arrows" randomly had its desktop icon change from the first image to the second. The second one seems to come from the system32 folder, and when I try to change it back to the proper one and click "Apply" or "OK"...
  7. Unable to change desktop icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. how do i unlock icons on desktop?

how do i unlock icons on desktop?: I can't unlock icons on desktop. right click on blank space does nothing. no response at all. can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-icons-on-desktop/ca203057-f2d9-48be-aa74-587e0f82e2b5
  9. unlock desktop icon settings

unlock desktop icon settings: My icons on my desktop are locked....new computer.... I want to unlock them, re position them, the lock them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-desktop-icon-settings/c7cf1c80-687c-4c26-8d12-f9766fd34608
  10. unlock desktop icons

unlock desktop icons: Please help! I'm trying to unlock my desktop icons in windows 10. (They just recently locked on me during an update...) I can still use the apps, but I can't arrange them how I want. The boxes are NOT checked for align to grid or align to grid. I restarted my computer. What...