Windows 10: Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

Discus and support Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rvarun11, Aug 18, 2015.

1. rvarun11 Win User

Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty much everything. I tried searching C:\Users\..... to locate the file shortcut so as to delete it but couldn't find it, I also tried resetting the start menu with the powershell command:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}Nothing has worked so far and I tried searching many forums as well.

Please Help.

Thank You!

:)

rvarun11, Aug 18, 2015

2. Start menu Tiles problem Unable to move , No option for pin, unpin ,uninstall after using Windows for some hours

Dear, Sir Recently I have installed Windows 10 in my pc .Everything was working fine but after some hours I noticed some problems in my pc. They are :

1.Unable to Pin Items to Windows Start menu

2.Unable to unpin Start menu tiles

3.Unable to resize Tiles

4.Unable to Unpin Start menu tiles

5.Uninstall Option not present

6.Unable to move Tiles

The option of unpinning, pining, resizing, uninstalling are gone away after using Windows for some hours..............Plz plz Help me ..Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu. :)

Ritik Chauhan, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Unable to Unpin Tile from Start Menu

Hi,

We are glad to know that your issue got fixed.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

1. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Unable Unpin Folder

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  6. How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Pinning several tiles in Windows 10 is super easy, and the same can be said for unpinning tiles one-by-one. However, what if you’re the type of person with several tiles that you would prefer to get rid of with just [...] This post How to unpin a group of...
  7. Can't unpin a tile from Start

Can't unpin a tile from Start: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start.. someone please??! 55130
  8. Unpin tile from "Start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpin tile from "Start": Hello,Cannot unpin an old tile from Start.Click on it does not open any program, right click on it has two options:Unpin from start - does not work, or Resize - working. I can also relocate it, but it refuses to go.Made a search on the internet, tried some answers but its...
  9. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant unpin from start

2. unable to unpin apps from start menu