Windows 10: Unable to update drivers due to an error

Discus and support Unable to update drivers due to an error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just replaced my hard drive in my computer (previous one began to fail) so I know that my current headset works with windows 10 as I've been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M.Goold, Aug 14, 2018.

1. M.Goold Win User

Unable to update drivers due to an error

I just replaced my hard drive in my computer (previous one began to fail) so I know that my current headset works with windows 10 as I've been using it before for a long time. I only just got my PC back today and now my headset won't work. I have tried to update the drivers and i get a message saying "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device." it then goes on to say "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them." It then says "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." I have only just plugged the device into the computer so its only just downloaded the drivers the device needs so I don't know why it is doing this. I have tried nearly all the fixes I can find online and nothing seems to be working. The only way i can hear audio is by unplugging the pin adaptor which came with the headset which I've always been using to plug into a USB Port and plugging the Headphone pin directly into the audio port but then that only gives audio through the left side of the headset and no audio coming through the right side which is no use and even plugging the microphone directly into the port doesn't work either. If anyone can advise a way to fix this i would be glad as i'm currently stumped as what to do about it.

:)

M.Goold, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

Update wont update DUE TO Avira (i REMOVED ALL i COULD IN REGESTRY) AND dvd ram driver/bd DRIVER SOFTWARE

Hi Michael,

The usual cause for an update not to be installed successfully is due to conflicts with a third-party antivirus software and device driver errors which were the ones that you’ve encountered. To continue with installing the update, we suggest that you follow
    these steps:

• Remove or disable third-party security software. Make sure to least disable the third-party antivirus software that’s installed on your computer. Then, check for updates again.
    • Check Device Manager for driver errors. Type Device Manager in the
      Search box on the taskbar, then select it from the results. In the window that will pop up, try to look for any device with a
      yellow exclamation mark beside it (you may have to select each category to switch to the list of devices). Right-click the device name and select either
      Update Driver Software or Uninstall it to correct these errors.

Let us know the outcome after trying the steps.

-If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as the answer" to help those who are facing the same problem-

Louie Del, Aug 14, 2018
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Unable to update drivers due to an error [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 14, 2018
  4. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to update drivers due to an error - Similar Threads - Unable update drivers

2. Unable to update windows or install any drivers due to error code 0x800703f1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows or install any drivers due to error code 0x800703f1: I am unable to update Windows 10 or update any of my drivers due to this error. I have attempted solutions provided online but I have been unsuccessful. I have even tried to reset the PC but an error occurs after trying....
  3. Unable to update windows or install any drivers due to error code 0x800703f1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows or install any drivers due to error code 0x800703f1: I am unable to update Windows 10 or update any of my drivers due to this error. I have attempted solutions provided online but I have been unsuccessful. I have even tried to reset the PC but an error occurs after trying....
  4. Unable to update windows or install any drivers due to error code 0x800703f1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows unable to boot due to driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unable to boot due to driver issues: Hello,I was wondering if any of you could help me fix my Windows installation.A few days ago, I noticed that my computer was using its integrated graphics Intel UHD 770 instead of its dedicated graphics. RTX 3070 So, I disabled the graphics driver for the Intel UHD 770 and...
  6. Windows unable to boot due to driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows unable to boot due to driver issues: Hello,I was wondering if any of you could help me fix my Windows installation.A few days ago, I noticed that my computer was using its integrated graphics Intel UHD 770 instead of its dedicated graphics. RTX 3070 So, I disabled the graphics driver for the Intel UHD 770 and...
  7. BSOD error due to driver issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error due to driver issue: Hi everyone I done a windows 10 update recently after the update the screen display was messed up with all messed up pixels on parts of the screen tested GPU and found it not to be faulty then when I reboot the pc I looked in device manager and did not see the video card...
  8. Unable to use internet due to wifi driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use internet due to wifi driver: Today I downloaded the update of intel wifi driver and tried to install it but it failed with a signal 'fatal error' and now my usb tethering and hotspot both are not working. The wifi connection is not showing as if wifi device is not connected to the motherboard only...
  9. Crashing due to a driver error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing due to a driver error: Sometimes whenever I'm playing a game, or using WMR, my computer will just crash. I did the verifier thing, and found out it's a driver error, but I don't know which one. Computer Stats: Ryzen 7 1800x@4.1Ghz RX 580 8GB 2 500 GB SSHD...
  10. Error due to Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error due to Update: Hi I had posted regarding an error on windows update and it was recommended to use media creation tool. And I do so. There were changes however, I had problem with the audio. I check in the device manager and the driver is still there but there is a error message that the...