Windows 10: unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10

Discus and support unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarrelGillispie, Aug 16, 2018.

1. unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10

unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10

:)

DarrelGillispie, Aug 16, 2018

2. HP Pavilion G7 Not Detecting Monitor

Hey guys I need some help.

So the other day my HP Pavilion G7 updated to the november update however after it did my second monitor is unable to be detected by my laptop however it's still duplicating to my montior. I have updated all my drivers and still nothing is working so I was
    wondering if you guys could help me out?

Monitor: ViewSonic VP191b

Laptop specs: HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

zonenightmare1, Aug 16, 2018
  3. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

Hi everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card.

Is there a detect HDMI feature in Windows 10? Oddly the system stopped sending the signal to the 2nd monitor.

I don't recall any settings changing other than the non-stop updates that Windows has every few days or couple of times a week.

Currently I'm using the VGA port to get access to the 2nd monitor (HP Pavilion 22xw).

Usually I'm able to resolve these things pretty quickly as we all are use to suffering with Windows issues over the years but I'm baffled in this case.

I would like to use my HDMI port for my 2nd monitor instead of using a VGA cord.

Any tips or advice here? I know the Community normally can help give some useful suggestions so I'm turning advice here. Appreciate it!

TheGreatPW, Aug 16, 2018
  4. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. unable to use 2nd monitor on hp pavilion laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable 2nd monitor

2. HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx Monitor: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx and need to plug a trust sonic LCD monitor VGA LG LCD TV Im confused as I've read I need a converter. I've been on HP website and its linking me to a general document so I can not identify what I need. I also have: Lenovo ThinkPad E550...
  3. HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx Monitor: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx and need to plug a trust sonic LCD monitor VGA LG LCD TV Im confused as I've read I need a converter. I've been on HP website and its linking me to a general document so I can not identify what I need. I also have: Lenovo ThinkPad E550...
  4. HP pavillion laptop not detecting 2nd monitor with Windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP pavillion laptop not detecting 2nd monitor with Windows 11 pro: I purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop with Windows 11 Pro and a new Acer monitor to connect to laptop. Laptop isn't detecting 2nd monitor via HDMI. I would appreciate any help you could provide.Thanks...
  5. HP pavillion laptop not detecting 2nd monitor with Windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP pavillion laptop not detecting 2nd monitor with Windows 11 pro: I purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop with Windows 11 Pro and a new Acer monitor to connect to laptop. Laptop isn't detecting 2nd monitor via HDMI. I would appreciate any help you could provide.Thanks...
  6. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  7. HP Pavilion Monitor Goes Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion Monitor Goes Black: Every now and again - not all the time - when I am working on my computer, the monitor will go black. I don't think it is going to sleep as my settings are: SCREEN & SLEEP (both) On battery power, turn off after: 2 hours When plugged in, turn off: never Like I said, it...
  8. HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive: This happen twice. I hardly use dvd but when i used 2 months ago, i was unable to read my vcd. This has inconvenienced me which I have to transfer the vcd video into my thumb drive and it play using my usb drive. 2 weeks ago, the dvd drive is able to read my dvd. I didn't...
  9. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  10. Using 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 2nd monitor: Hi, Is it possible using extended display to show a movie on a 2nd monitor while using pc screen(as 1st monitor) for web surfing? I have tried selecting screen 1 or 2 as main display but no matter which screen I project movie on , as soon as I select internet from the...