Windows 10: Unable to Use All RAM installed.

Discus and support Unable to Use All RAM installed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I don't know if these is the place to post it, in either case you move it. I was looking around on This PC Properties and I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArlandrioFF, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Unable to Use All RAM installed.

Hi guys,

I don't know if these is the place to post it, in either case you move it. I was looking around on This PC Properties and I noticed that, of my 8Gb of RAM, only half is usable and then in the Resources Monitor it says that there is 4Gb reserved for hardware. I don't know is this is something new or something special about Windows 10 or previous editions (I don't remember this in Windows 7) so if someone can help me to clarify this and perhaps solve it, I'd be much grateful.

Unable to Use All RAM installed. [​IMG]

:)

ArlandrioFF, Sep 19, 2015

2. I am unable to use all the RAM in my computer.

<Original Title: Ram upgrade.>

I have windows 10 home 64 bit...i upgraded from 16gb of ram to 32gb of ram....when i check to see if my ram is recognized it says i have 32gb installed and 23.2 usable...how do i make all 32gb usable?

DonaldWard78, Sep 19, 2015
  3. I am unable to use all the RAM in my computer.

Hi Donald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer and the RAM?

2. Where exactly do you get the message that the only 23.2 Gb of ram is useable?

It is not possible to entirely make the 32Gb of the RAM usable as there are many reserved features and functions by the hardware that needs reserved RAM to work.

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Unable to Use All RAM installed.

Sounds like a portion of the RAM is reserved for the video adapter if it's onboard/built-in. I have 6GB on one of my Win10 computers with an Add-in 1GB video card. DXDIAG shows the card as having 3GB available to it. As long as the OS and programs run properly I only worry about having enough RAM, don't care much about how much is actually being used. If it's a worry I just add more RAM to the maximum the motherboard supports on 64-bit and 3GB on 32-bit. I do have one 32-bit computer with 4GB in it but Windows 7 shows only 3.5 in Properties of My Computer, about the max that 32-bit Windows supports.

Berton, Sep 19, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Go to run
    Type msconfig> boot > advanced options, make sure maximum memory is unchecked

The GPU can allocate a portion of the ram memory,usually around 1gb or less, even heard OS can, but this is too much.

jds63, Sep 19, 2015
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Check into bios too to see if you can force a smaller memory sharing space.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 20, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Or at least see what BIOS shows for RAM at first too. Should be at default settings, to start. Wonder if just put RAM in or not.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  8. Unable to Use All RAM installed.

I changed and unticked the maximum memory amount through MSCONFIG. And it is in fack unchecked but Resources Monitor still shows that there are 4Gb reserved to hardware. I did also a DXDIAG and it throws me a weird report about my GPU's memory. I have a AMD Radeon HD 7750 1Gb but according to DXDIAG it has 3Gb approx.

Don't know what the heck is going on. I'll check later in BIOS if there is something I can do.

Resources Monitor.

MSCONFIG

DXDIAG

DXDIAG Text File
    Dropbox - Error

ArlandrioFF, Sep 21, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Not really strange for it to show more for Video card, mine does also. Forget what this has to do with, shared memory from either an integrated card. Also does not look like it is telling you there is an issue in DXDIAG but not in english.

Did you recently put in this RAM ? What other hardware and did recently add any other ?

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  10. BIOS Screenshot

The only thing is new is the motherboard (ASUS M5A97 R2.0). For RAM I have two sticks of 4Gb each (Kingston ValueRAM 1333Mhz)

11. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  12. Yes. I already checked if my RAM is in the Supported RAM for the motherb and it is.

13. jds63 Win User

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
  14. I'll try it tomorrow and I'll edit this to report. Also, thanks a lot for keep coming and keep answering. Very kind of you sir. Cheers.

15. jds63 Win User
    Your very welcome, anytime, let us know how it goes. Just realized from Argentina, did not realize was spanish i was seeing so much in your posts, although i do not speak or read it well. I had relatives who went there from europe back in early 1900's,never met them of course.

jds63, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to Use All RAM installed. - Similar Threads - Unable RAM installed

2. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  3. My ram is not used at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  4. My ram is not used at all

My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  5. use all ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  6. use all ram

use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  7. Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10: I have 16GB of ram installed in my system, and only 8GB are being used by windows. The rest are "Hardware Reserved"? This seems to be a very common problem, but I haven't found a solution that works yet. Task Manager: Screenshot - d693e24eaa1ead0ad2337b74a4250b0d - Gyazo...
  8. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram: Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being used 100! but the most a program is using (Chrome) is 9%. Process Monitor doesn't show any application using abnormal amounts...
  9. Windows is not using all the RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is not using all the RAM: I am using Windows 10 Professional, I recently noticed that my OS is not utilizing the entire RAMs installed in my computer. I have 16 gigs installed as 2X4 gigs in dual channel and 1X8 gigs out of the four RAM slots. The installed hardware is recognized in the BIOS and...
  10. Win 10 Not using all RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Not using all RAM: Hello, I just bought a new memory stick, and my pc is showing it has 8gb but only using 3.5 gb, which is the same as it was before. i cant see anything in my bios to change this, i have tried checking the maxmem in msconfig, that is off. I did a mem test which showed...