Windows 10: Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working

Discus and support Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently upgraded my ASUS F555LP to windows 10, but the update gave me problems, so i decided to restore the laptop to "out of the box"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ArminZero, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ArminZero Win User

Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working

Hi, i have recently upgraded my ASUS F555LP to windows 10, but the update gave me problems, so i decided to restore the laptop to "out of the box" conditions.

When i try to press f9 to restore it, it show me a recovery enviroment that is not of the asus but it seems of windows 10, like if the system doesn't recognize the recovery partition of asus anymore.
    I've tried some solutions but nothing happen.

Here's some screens of my partitions and recovery enviroment state:
    Is there any solution? i don't know what i have to do *Sad
    Thanks in advance

Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working [​IMG]

:)

ArminZero, Aug 7, 2018
  2. hexaae Win User

Recreate ASUS F9 recovery functional partition

As many did, I upgraded my ASUS G751JY from Windows 8.x to Windows 10, and this destroyed ASUS F9 built-in recovery feature. When I press F9 now it will give me a BSOD with:

Your PC needs to be repaired
    A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
    Error code: 0xc0000225
    [ A text saying I should use recovery tools on my installation media to fix the issue. ]
    Press Enter to try again
    Press F8 for Start-up Settings
    Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings

This happens every time I want to use F9, then every time I have also to repair Windows boot (have no problem, I know how to do this and regenerate a correct BCD), so my idea now is to recreate a generic Windows 10 install partition working with ASUS F9 feature.

Here is my current situation:

but Recovery partition was Disabled.
    No problem. I've managed to re-Enable it using the REAgentC command:

Code: C:\Users\Luca\Desktop>reagentc /info Informazioni di configurazione per Ambiente ripristino Windows e la reimpostazione del sistema: Stato Ambiente ripristino Windows: Enabled Percorso Ambiente ripristino Windows: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE Identificatore dati di configurazione di avvio (BCD): fc0612d5-20ce-11e6-8adf-9bc77791b978 Percorso immagine di ripristino: Indice immagine di ripristino: 0 Percorso immagine personalizzata: Indice immagine personalizzata: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: operazione riuscita.[/quote] ASUS F9 still not working giving me BSOD Erorr 225.

Following some guides on the net I've been also able to create a generic "install.wim" starting from MediaCreationTool's Windows 10 ISO file and "<mounted Windows 10 iso>:\sources\install.esd", using the DISM command:
    dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"MY_ESD_FILE" /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wim /compress:recovery /CheckIntegrity

How do I proceed now?
    • Add a new additional 4GB recovery partition with GUID ID: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC
    • copy "install.wim" into this partition (requires a specific dir structure or the root will be enough?)
    • use "REAgentC /setosimage ..." and target to the new partition with the wim file

Is this correct? Will this make ASUS F9 work again? *sarc

hexaae, Aug 7, 2018
  3. hexaae Win User

Let's see if I can find another G751JY user with working F9 so we can discover what's inside the 12GB recovery partition from ASUS...
    Honestly I can't remember if I manually deleted the original partition or was wiped out by Windows 8.1 -> 10 upgrade (more likely).

hexaae, Aug 7, 2018
  4. hexaae Win User

Everything properly set:
    DISKPART> detail partition

Partizione 6
    Tipo : de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
    Nascosta : Sì
    Richiesta: Sì
    Attributo : 0X8000000000000001
    Offset in byte: 955899707392

Volume ### Let. Etichetta Fs Tipo Dim. Stato Info
    --------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    * Volume 3 Recovery NTFS Partizione 4095 Mb Integro Nascosto

C:\WINDOWS\system32>reAgentC /info
    Informazioni di configurazione per Ambiente ripristino Windows
    e la reimpostazione del sistema:

Stato Ambiente ripristino Windows: Enabled
    Percorso Ambiente ripristino Windows: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Identificatore dati di configurazione di avvio (BCD): 6ca57f00-2280-11e6-be75-d0a88fc569a8
    Percorso immagine di ripristino: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition6\Recovery_Windows10
    Indice immagine di ripristino: 1
    Percorso immagine personalizzata:
    Indice immagine personalizzata: 0

REAGENTC.EXE: operazione riuscita.

...but unfortunately ASUS F9 still doesn't work as expected () and returns the usual BSOD Error 225 mentioned in first msg *Sad
    Mmmh... I start to think F9 simply works by booting from the first Recovery partition it can find, usually put after C: on ASUS G751JY laptops as shown in this example pic coming from an online review:

Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working small_G751JY_partitions.jpg

Probably it expects to find something more than the install.wim file there as it asks for winload.efi pressing F8 after BSOD is displayed:

Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working winload-efi-0xc0000225-windows-8.jpg

EDIT: maybe I could try copying the entire Windows 10 ISO inside the first recovery partition and see what happens pressing F9...

hexaae, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working - Similar Threads - Unable ASUS recovery

2. f9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f9: *ressed f9 and 0y c60*4ter went 64t 6f wac2. F6r exa0*3e *ress a 3etter and a d5fferent 6ne a**ears. What 5s the 5ss4e w5th th5s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/eaae6492-f573-450d-9316-2e86ff638fb2
  3. F9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  4. F9

in Windows 10 Customization
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  5. F9 and on & on...

F9 and on & on...: Keyboard shortcuts: They exist for damn near everything. There are lists of them one can find. After a time, one remembers some of them maybe. Did you know F9 goes in & out of Immersive Reader But here's the tip Oh yes, there was a tip coming If you hover on things, instead...
  6. fn+F7 and F9 not working

fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  7. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  8. asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10: hello everybody i have asus zenbook pro UX501VW with windows 10 OS, after i tried fresh installation with media creation tool, F9 doesn't function and 'reset PC' from windows bring me restore of the fresh installation. the original recovery partition exist what...
  9. Recreate ASUS F9 recovery functional partition

Recreate ASUS F9 recovery functional partition: As many did, I upgraded my ASUS G751JY from Windows 8.x to Windows 10, and this destroyed ASUS F9 built-in recovery feature. When I press F9 now it will give me a BSOD with: Your PC needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code:...
  10. Restoring machine using the Recovery Partition

Restoring machine using the Recovery Partition: I just bought an HP Pavillion 15 ab15nr laptop with windows 10 and messed up the install of my programs. The factory recovery partition is untouched and as far as I know intact. How do I go about returning the machine to its factory condition using the Recovery Partition and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Factory reset ASUS laptop F9 not working

2. windows 10 asus recovery

3. asus recovery partition f9 not working

4. ux501vw f9 not working,
  5. asus f9 recovery not working,
  6. asus cant use f9 for restore,
  7. asus zenbook pro recovery windows,
  8. how to restore asus laptop when f9 does not work,
  9. asus laptop f9 error,
  10. asus recovery f9 not working,
  11. make asus system restore disc f9 not working,