Windows 10: Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

Discus and support Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While using the command I get this: [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChitranshRajesh, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

While using the command I get this:

Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell [​IMG]

:)

ChitranshRajesh, Aug 26, 2018

2. Malformed PowerShell command Get-AppXPackage error

I have tried all of the suggested corrections for a start menu that is not working. The last command in the most reasonable suggestion uses as it's last two statements PowerShell and the one listed below. I have tried
    this command several times, making sure there are no typing errors and every time I get the Error message below. Is there any way to repair the database disk image which is indicated as "malformed"?

========================================================================================

S C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

>>> -AppxPackage -DesableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

The database disk image is malformed

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo
    : NotSpecified: Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Syste

Jo B.Taylor, Aug 26, 2018
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63498-Windows-10-TNBT-(The-next-big-tweak)-official-thread

OneMoar, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the miscommunication. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• 1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage ( check the spacing)
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

1. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell - Similar Threads - Unable appxpackage command

2. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  3. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  4. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  5. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  6. PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working: [ATTACH]Get-Appxpackage is a PowerShell command that can display a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile. It includes all the applications that are installed from the Microsoft Store or third-party apps. When using the command, if you receive an error—...
  7. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  8. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  9. How to install only specific appxpackage using powershell?

How to install only specific appxpackage using powershell?: Hi, I have removed all starting apps using this command on powershell Get-AppxPackage ** | Remove-AppxPackage And reinstalling all apps by using this command on powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized: I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 getappx-package database image error

2. remove ALL not-yet-installed apps w10 with powershell

3. get appxpackage database disk image is malformed start menu not opening

4. get-appxpackage database malformed,
  5. get-appxpackage the database is malformed,
  6. load module to use get-appxpackage,
  7. get-appxpackage : the database is malformed,
  8. powershell getappx package error,
  9. cant use get-appxpackage remotley