Windows 10: Unable to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 10

Discus and support Unable to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was able to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 8 (worked great), which I found here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-shortcut.html... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kabbible, Aug 27, 2015.

1. kabbible Win User

Unable to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 10

Hi, I was able to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 8 (worked great), which I found here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-shortcut.html

But I can't get it to run under Win 10, even after adding (in the appropriate place) these lines:If instr(objOS.Caption, "Windows 10") Then
    GetOS = "Windows 10"
    and making the adjustment:If GetOS = "Windows 8" Or GetOS = "Windows 10" Then
    How can I get this script to work? Thanks!

:)

kabbible, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Ivan_Lai Win User

Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Unable to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 10 [​IMG]

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, Aug 27, 2015
  3. vpn is not working

I'm unable to connect VPN in my laptop under win 10 os. so how to fix this issue.

**Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

Mrvrfamily, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  5. kabbible Win User
    Ah-ha! Google hadn't found that page, so many thanks! Worked beautifully on the second try, not sure why it didn't the first time, but it seems happy now. I've forgotten, though, is there any way to get it to bypass UAC? I had unchecked the boxes requiring approval every time during the first run, but I got the dialog box on the second run anyway.

kabbible, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that UAC is required to approve elevating it to be able create the restore point.

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  7. kabbible Win User
    Yes, that what I thought, but I thought I should doublecheck. Thanks again for your (very rapid!) help, Brink.

kabbible, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to use Instant_Restore_Point under Win 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Instant_Restore_Point under

2. Unable to use Synaptics Touchpad in HP Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Synaptics Touchpad in HP Win 10: I'm not able to use the Synaptics TouchPad of my laptop. Moreover, I'm not even able to find the settings related to that. When I go to Device Manager, it still doesn't show, but after I click on SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES, I can see it, showing a sign like-1.2.You can see the...
  3. Unable to use Synaptics Touchpad in HP Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Synaptics Touchpad in HP Win 10: I'm not able to use the Synaptics TouchPad of my laptop. Moreover, I'm not even able to find the settings related to that. When I go to Device Manager, it still doesn't show, but after I click on SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES, I can see it, showing a sign like-1.2.You can see the...
  4. Unable to use Synaptics Touchpad in HP Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to use msra /offerra under Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use msra /offerra under Windows 10 21H2: Dear all,Hope this finds you all well here. I'm unable to use Windows Remote Assistance msra /offerra since I started to use Windows 10 Version 21H2 on domain joined computer. It says "Your offer to help could not be sent."And I can see error in Event log. "There was a...
  6. Unable to use msra /offerra under Windows 10 21H2

Unable to use msra /offerra under Windows 10 21H2: Dear all,Hope this finds you all well here. I'm unable to use Windows Remote Assistance msra /offerra since I started to use Windows 10 Version 21H2 on domain joined computer. It says "Your offer to help could not be sent."And I can see error in Event log. "There was a...
  7. Replacing fail motherboard under win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing fail motherboard under win 10: Motherboard failed and was replaced with identical new one using the old CPU. Will windows 10 still be activated? Or will I have troubles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-fail-motherboard-under-win-10/dab855d1-8a08-4451-aa3b-81d3964157ba
  8. Photo App under Win-10

Photo App under Win-10: Trouble uploading Photos from iPhone to Win-10 PC. The Win-10 "Photos" App tries to upload all Photos from the iPhone, not only the new photos. As such, it quits uploading at about 6,296 photos. The iPhone has 9,600 total photos stored on it. What gives here???...
  9. Win 10 unable to use full RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 unable to use full RAM: Hi, My Mainboard broke recently so i bought the same one again and exchanged it. Now the problem is that Windows somehow decided to reserve 8GB of my 16GB RAM for Hardware. I've tried various fixes but none of them worked for me so far. I would appreciate your help. System:...
  10. Win 10 unable to use full RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 unable to use full RAM: Hi, My Mainboard broke recently so i bought the same one again and exchanged it. Now the problem is that Windows somehow decided to reserve 8GB of my 16GB RAM for Hardware. I've tried various fixes but none of them worked for me so far. I would appreciate your help. System:...