Windows 10: Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen.

Discus and support Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 (If it helps, my computer started out with Win 7) with no previews or builds. I can't find any way to allow me to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abcde, Dec 23, 2016.

1. abcde Win User

Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen.

I am running windows 10 (If it helps, my computer started out with Win 7) with no previews or builds. I can't find any way to allow me to change the sign-in screen to the same as the lock screen. I know some people have posted pictures of what to switch, but that option isn't available for me.
    Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen. [​IMG]

As you could see, there is no "lock=sign in" for using Spotlight option.
    How could I fix this?

:)

abcde, Dec 23, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

sign on screen

Settings, Personalization, Lock screen.

There you have the default photos or you can use Browse and pick a photo you have on the computer.

Now the Lock screen and the Sign-in screen are the same if you turn the " Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" on or else the sign-in screen is blank.

lacrumb, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Rich&rd Win User
    Intermittent Win 10 welcome screen fault

I just switched off the setting "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" and now, when I am on the lock screen and I tap the spacebar it goes to a blue screen with just the three icons at bottom right. As before every 30 seconds it reverts
    to the lock-screen.

Oh, and now it just went straight to the sign-in from the blue screen. I logged in using a different user then restarted and now it is, once again, using the lock-screen picture on the sign-in screen. So now I have switched off "Show lock-screen ..." for
    the second user and the same thing has happened - goes to blue screen with no sign-in box.

So this seems to show that the problem is with the sign-in screen itself - does that make sense to anyone?

Rich&rd, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 23, 2016
  5. abcde Win User
    @Brink
    I wish I could do that, but the thing that I turn on displays this image

In fact, the slide option for "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" does not appear, the one I have is "Show Windows background on lock screen," which, unfortunately, is different.

abcde, Dec 23, 2016
  6. abcde Win User
    Sorry, I don't know if you get notified of new replies to a post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish I could do that, but the thing that I turn on displays this image

In fact, the slide option for "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" does not appear, the one I have is "Show Windows background on lock screen," which, unfortunately, is different.

abcde, Dec 23, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like you need to update Windows 10 to the latest build via Windows Update.

Brink, Dec 23, 2016
  8. abcde Win User

Wish I could.

Any other possibilities?

abcde, Dec 23, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 23, 2016
  10. abcde Win User
    abcde, Dec 24, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Your activation will remain intact. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen. - Similar Threads - Unable same lock

2. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  3. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  4. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen and Sign in screen not appearing.

Lock Screen and Sign in screen not appearing.: Hi everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 pro detailed information about the build number and all is mentioned in the image attached below. The issue which I am facing is that after waking up my pc from sleep, I am not able to see the sign in screen and also not the lock...
  6. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  7. Unable to sign in at lock screen

Unable to sign in at lock screen: I recently updated the windows 10 on my laptop but I am now unable to log back in. I had face ID and a pin set up but when it tries to use the face id it says “before u can start using windows hello, you must set up a PIN”. This is confusing as i did have a pin set up but now...
  8. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  9. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...
  10. different lock screen and sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    different lock screen and sign in screen?: In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background? 63183