Windows 10: Unable to use slide show or move photos on.

Discus and support Unable to use slide show or move photos on. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been taking lots and lots of photos from old prints and imported them onto my laptop. I've had hours of fun categorising them, the majority of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Logan, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Logan Win User

Unable to use slide show or move photos on.

I have been taking lots and lots of photos from old prints and imported them onto my laptop.
    I've had hours of fun categorising them, the majority of which requiring new folders.
    When I open one particular folder and view full screen the forward and reverse arrows are non existent and the slide show refuses to operate.
    No problem with any other folder, just the most important one, any help would be appreciated

:)

Logan, Jun 11, 2016
  2. JB9397 Win User

Reducing the size of my slideshow.

Hi. It doesn't matter if i use Pixum Photos slide show or Windows 10 Photo viewer. I am unable to reduce the size of the slide show.

JB9397, Jun 11, 2016
  3. afarr008 Win User
    Screen Saver Slide Show Full Screen

I have a screen saver slide show created with my own personal photos. Up until this past Sunday, the slide show has always been full screen. Now it is showing photos in slide show with a 2 1/2 inch black bar on each side of photo.

Would like to know how to get my screen saver slide show back to full screen. Have tried changing resolution but that changes everything but photos in my screen saver slide show.

This change seemed to happen after an update on Sunday, December 17. The update was for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KF4058043).

Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

afarr008, Jun 11, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

May I ask if you are using the Windows Photo App or if you are selecting and view via the slideshow function of File Explorer in Manage Picture Tools? The latter seems to use a different app and the slideview operation is controlled via a right click as shown below.

Unable to use slide show or move photos on. [​IMG]

Unable to use slide show or move photos on. [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Logan Win User
    Thanks for your reply, I am not too clever with computers but to answer your question I am using windows ten but I am not using tens picture app.
    When I right click as you suggested I get a different set of options to the ones on your displayed, what I am looking at is View all photos, Share, Slideshow, Edit, Rotate, Delete, etc, etc.
    The response when I clicked on slide show was the picture kept repeating itself.
    Like I say this problem only effects a few folders so I might try reloading one of them onto a new folder

Logan, Jun 11, 2016
  6. Navigate to the problematic folder
    Change the view to Medium icons

Do all images show a thumbnail?
    If they show the icon for the program, you'll need to de-select the view setting Always show icons, never thumbnails

You can also try scrolling though the images using Preview (Windows Photo Viewer)

Select the first image file
    Right click - select Preview
    (you might have to Open With > Windows Photo Viewer)

The above only helps determine if there is a file that won't properly display

If everything displays properly, then try copying a few images to a new folder and test Slide show on the test folder
    Continue copying image files, a few at a time (10-20), and test Slide show on the test folder
    If / when Slide show stops working, you know that the last group copied is causing the issue.

The question is: Are thre too many images for Slide Show to handle or is one of the images causing the issue.
    Easy enough to answer, remove that last group of images that you copied, then copy the next set of images to the test folder
    If Slideshow fails, it's probably too many files.
    If Slideshow works, it was one of the images.

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2016
  7. Logan Win User
    Thanks For your help guys, opening and transferring photos to a new folder did the trick.

Logan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to use slide show or move photos on. - Similar Threads - Unable slide show

2. Shuffle Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuffle Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10 you had the option in a folder containing photos to begin a slide show and enable 'shuffle' and 'loop'. Is this feature available in Windows 11? All I can currently find is the non-shuffle slide show by opening a photo and clicking in the top right corner....
  3. Shuffle Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuffle Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10 you had the option in a folder containing photos to begin a slide show and enable 'shuffle' and 'loop'. Is this feature available in Windows 11? All I can currently find is the non-shuffle slide show by opening a photo and clicking in the top right corner....
  4. Use of Photos to creat a slide show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use of Photos to creat a slide show: I thought I had received an answer to this earlier, but still seem to have a question: I have the photos I want to use for a slide show in one folder in Pictures. They are from several different time/date periods. I want to load the pictures from that folder in into Photos...
  5. Photo app slide shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo app slide shows: I want to batch increase the time each photo is on the screen when I create photo slide show with music. I can increase the time for an individual photo but not the whole show....
  6. Photo slide show

Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  7. Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10, I have files in Pictures/My Pictures. How do I create a slide show from the photos in any file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slide-show/7dfaca2c-6868-4e1c-9519-17a0f2abc3af"
  8. photo album slide show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo album slide show: What is the number limit of photos in an album to create a slide show? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album-slide-show/7254434c-161d-4a09-a6f6-8cc5750590bc
  9. slide show speed and photo title

slide show speed and photo title: How to change the setting speed of each picture in the slide show and to add a title on each picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-show-speed-and-photo-title/85c2ddc6-0702-488c-a04a-c7178a1edc3c
  10. media player photos slide show speed

media player photos slide show speed: I have been trying to change the speed of photos in media player but when I move the slider it just goes back to the default time and does not change the speed....