Windows 10: Unable to write on HDD?

Discus and support Unable to write on HDD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Recently upgraded to Window 10 and transferred my computer to a new case. I used this opportunity to get a new SSD and HDD. My plan was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarmiArt, Aug 25, 2018.

1. CarmiArt Win User

Unable to write on HDD?

I have Recently upgraded to Window 10 and transferred my computer to a new case. I used this opportunity to get a new SSD and HDD. My plan was to Have only windows 10 on my SSD and use the HDD as storage and for software that has frequent updates. Windows 10 recognizes that I have two drive disks (in Device Manager), but I'm unable to access or write anything to my HDD.

Any ideas?

Desktop

WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB

WD Blue 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Dell Studio XPS 8100

x64

:)

CarmiArt, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

Unable to write on HDD?

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to write on HDD?

1. Unable to write on HDD? - Similar Threads - Unable write HDD

2. How to remove write-protected in hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove write-protected in hdd: I already tried diskpart, regedit, formatting and AOMEI partition and nothing seems to be working unfortunately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-write-protected-in-hdd/53201a9f-3831-4b38-95d6-7109002a6ed7
  3. How to remove write-protected in hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove write-protected in hdd: I already tried diskpart, regedit, formatting and AOMEI partition and nothing seems to be working unfortunately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-write-protected-in-hdd/53201a9f-3831-4b38-95d6-7109002a6ed7
  4. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  5. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  6. Unable to remove write protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove write protection: I'm not able to delete some files in my pc. They're actually in my phone and I'm not able to see them even if I "enable show hidden files" in my phone.So I plugged in the USB cable, went to my phone downloads, and then tried to delete it. But it shows unable to delete because...
  7. Write access denied on External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write access denied on External HDD: When I try to copy anything to my WD passport external HDD, it says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file" and when I click continue, it just asks me to try again. But this does not happen when I boot in safe mode. Here's what I've tried so far:...
  8. Write to HDD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write to HDD problem: I use LastPass. Now receive a message at boot "cannot write to Location:\locallow\lang". Tried recommended solution. No positive result. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-to-hdd-problem/4d6d8e85-4427-42fe-9035-6383564334c4
  9. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  10. The media is write protected on internal HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    The media is write protected on internal HDD: After installing an mSata SSD as my main boot drive for Windows 10 Enterprise I can no longer write to the internal HDD. I have checked the read only status in disk part and everything is correct. If I pull the drive from the laptop and insert it into a usb dock I can write...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to write to harddisk