Windows 10: Unable view personal videos windows 10

Discus and support Unable view personal videos windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 7,I had some personal videos saved in my documents.I upgraded to Windows 10. The videos are still in My Documents ,but unable to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kenno18, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Kenno18 Win User

Unable view personal videos windows 10

Hi
    In Windows 7,I had some personal videos saved in my documents.I upgraded to Windows 10. The videos are still in My Documents ,but unable to view them. Any help would be appreciated,on how to get to view them again.
    NOTE:... I'm not a young gun computer savy person ( thankyou)

:)

Kenno18, Jun 7, 2016

2. video viewing

ever since upgrading to windows 10 we are unable to view videos on facebook. what could be causing this?

marythompson58, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Unable to View Videos

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I am unable to view videos posted by my friends in Facebook. Someone help???

AnnWright_515, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

What is the file extension of the video files? .mpeg, .mp4, .avi, ??????

Ztruker, Jun 7, 2016
  5. John035 Win User
    I had that issue. I also had to delete and reinstall my sound drivers.

John035, Jun 7, 2016
  6. do you mean windows 7 or 8.1?
    o its ok i see now its 7 i saw 7.1 my eyes are going too lol

gijoetech1, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Kenno18 Win User
    Hi Ztruker,
    I'm unsure of extension,
    Videos and photo's (photo's are viewable),were taken on an i phone 4 and emailed to me,the photos are JPEG.
    From my windows live email inbox, I save them in My Documents, and changed their name to say # 1 video...#2 video etc etc. I have since checked them all ( 50 odd vids ) and some are actually working.. kind regards

Kenno18, Jun 7, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

It is possible that they got corrupted somehow.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Jun 7, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    To see what the file extensions are, open Control Panel then click on File Explorer Options.
    Click on the View tab.
    Set like so:

Unable view personal videos windows 10 [​IMG]

Now when you look at any file you will see the full path, filename.ext. The .ext is what I'm interested in for the ones that don't work.

Ztruker, Jun 8, 2016
  11. Kenno18 Win User
    Hi Ztruker,
    I found Explorer File Extension window and now have set as per your diagram..
    a) Show hidden files and folders
    b) unticked the next 3 boxes
    c) apply /ok

Videos still not opening ( running,but can't see )

C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\Documents\ 2\MOVIE 96.eml ..........This a movie that DOES WORK

Kenno18, Jun 8, 2016
  12. Can you hear them? If yes, there might be a problem with your graphic driver / DirectX capabilities.
    Depending on your media player, turn off hardware acceleration and try different outputs, like:

TairikuOkami, Jun 8, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

The default program for filetype .eml for me is Seamonkey, which is my default web browser. Could be IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
    Check yours.

Open Control Panel, click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Scroll down to .eml. Select it then click on Change program.... Scroll down and select your default web browser, IE, Edge, Chrome, etc.

See if that fixes it.

Ztruker, Jun 9, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
Thema:

1. Unable view personal videos windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable view personal

2. Viewing videos and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing videos and photos: Hi, I have never had a problem with viewing video clips or photos on my pc, until today! Most of the photos are .png or .jpeg and the video clips are .mov I took these on my iphone and transferred them on to my pc, but now half the photos won't open some of them were sent to...
  3. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...: Despite installing the Windows 10 Home and HEVC codec, I am still not able to download and view any videos on Netflix, etc. There is also no troubleshooting issue. Does anyone have the same issue like me? If yes, please share what I can do. This is so frustrating after...
  4. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home: Previously when I was on Windows 8, I was able to download and view videos in Netflix, etc. However after I installed the Windows 10 Home in my new laptop recently, I was not able to download and view any videos on Netflix, etc. anymore. When I troubleshoot the Video...
  5. Personal video folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal video folders: Hello All! Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I recently combined all my home movie files into one folder on a network attached drive. I can browse and play all of the videos from file explorer "mapped drive M:". I decided to add the folder to the new Movies and TV app, but...
  6. Unable to view videos or post.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view videos or post.: When I use my mouse and click on videos to play they just spin. And when I click to advance to another page it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-videos-or-post/005c5b2c-7eba-442b-9ebc-20efe796b236"
  7. Unable to view video files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to view video files on Windows 10: Good day, I was able to view mp4 and mkv files with VLC player. No change was made to the software and no update, and today there is no possibility for me do view any video files. It happened before couple of times, it's the weather I would guess... How can I make this...
  8. viewing video on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing video on Windows: I use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser on windows 10. Recently I have not been able to view video content. What I see seems to be a very large magnification of the video making it unviewable. Can someone help me solve this problem?...
  9. Video viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video viewing: When I view a video the picture zooms in to a part of the screen and therefore I cannot see the entire picture. How do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-viewing/966a66de-6b62-45f7-b04a-f615001fd1fa
  10. Viewing pictures and videos with Windows 10 1803...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Viewing pictures and videos with Windows 10 1803...: I am not certain where this issue should be posted, mods please move it... I have updated a Windows 7 PC after repairing some issues to Windows 10, version 1803, details here: https://www.sevenforums.com/windows-...ty-update.html The system works for the most part, except...