Windows 10: Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter

Discus and support Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, we have a strange issue here. We're building a USB Drive to Install Windows 10 Pro with an autounattend.xml Everything works fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darcuser, Apr 4, 2016.

1. darcuser Win User

Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter

Hello everybody,

we have a strange issue here. We're building a USB Drive to Install Windows 10 Pro with an autounattend.xml Everything works fine, but the driveletter of the USB Drive is sometimes D: and sometimes E: We're testing on a Dell Optiplex 990. We're not able to force a specific Drive Letter. The point is, that we need to start a Powershell script at first Logon, so sometimes the script starts and sometimes not.

Anyone has an idea?

Thank you very much!

:)

darcuser, Apr 4, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 4, 2016
  3. KenEkholm Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

It's PC that I have assembled myself from many differents parts.

OS type is Windows 10 Pro.

Current build is 16299.19

This error message "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file"
    appears almost at the beginning of the installation. That's the only error message I got.

Is this info enough?

KenEkholm, Apr 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Use the Volume ID of the drive instead of the drive letter?

\\?\Volume{1b3b1146-4076-11e1-84aa-806e6f6e6963}\

Obviously you would have to change the volume ID in red to the correct one for the USB drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter - Similar Threads - Unattend install Pro

2. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  3. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  4. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro unattended logout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro unattended logout: I have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro, I have enabled the System Unattended Sleep Timeout under power settings and set it to 0. I have set all sleep options to never, and it still logs out after a short time. I have Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 installed. My PC is linked to my...
  6. add windows 10 usb unattended program

add windows 10 usb unattended program: Hi there, I could not find the unattended programs as in the picture. It did not install automatically after the format. How can I install setupcomplete.cmd automatically.Ekran Goruntusu (1) - Hızlı Resim - - - Updated - - - of doesn't really install setupcomplete.cmd...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error

Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error: I bought Windows 10 Pro and trying to start my installation from the ISO file I downloaded online and I'm getting the following error: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-unattended-asnwer-file-error/8e4df3bb-63ac-4496-9fdf-daad2f691cde
  8. Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation

Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation: We are using the following xml file for windows 10 unattended installation. But unable to Pass Keyboard layout selection , Privacy settings, Lets connect (network setup) settings. Could you please help us out. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -<unattend...
  9. unattended office and windows on a usb stick

unattended office and windows on a usb stick: Hi, Is it possible, if so how, to create a zero touch office 2016 and windows 10 install through a usb stick? 105346
  10. Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.

Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.: I have problem to install Windows 10 with an unattended xml file. Following error message appear "No images are available." Below the text is the content of my unattended xml file. I have also attached an picture about error message. Can someone help me with this problem?...