Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

Discus and support Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal. (1) Windows Media Player Native... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drkh, May 26, 2018.

1. drkh Win User

Hi,

I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal.

(1)

Windows Media Player Native Subtitle Plugin 1.0 (can't work under win10)

(2)

Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6 (Media Foundation has to be disabled. Which stops Movies & TV from playing videos)

(3)

DirectVobSub 2.41.322 (Media Foundation has to be disabled.)

Any other programs that may work?

:)

2. SiddiqTounsi Win User

External subtitle on Windows 10 media Player

Hi

How could I use external subtitle(.SRT) file with new Windows 10 media player ?

Regards

SiddiqTounsi, May 29, 2018
  3. Mann_Manohar Win User
    External subtitle on Windows 10 media Player

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Check if the suggestions in this thread helps.

Media player does not display external subtitles

Media player does not display external subtitles

Alternatively, you can use windows 10 new Music and Video app

Movies & TV

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Also see:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps-and-games

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12? - Similar Threads - Under Win10 view

2. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  3. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  4. A shell command? How does that work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A shell command? How does that work?: DaveM121 showed (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/solvedhow-can-i-run-timeexe-from-a-command-prompt/06ae47c8-47b7-4207-9c34-26b3d714b6d2) that, if I want to run this: "C:\Program...
  5. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86
  6. Dell Laptop unable to see any 5G networks under windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Laptop unable to see any 5G networks under windows 10.: Hi My Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop is not able to see any 5G networks under Windows 10, it is able to see 2,4 G though. I had tried to update/uninstalling the wifi adapter driver without success, Windows seems to be happy with the current driver. Its adapter is an Qualcomm...
  7. Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view: I use windows 10 with chrome! When trying to view videos or GIFs on primarily on Facebook, the picture appears zoomed in to where they are unrecognizable! This is very recent so I am assuming the problem is associated with a recent windows update! [Moved from:...
  8. how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?: In the process of changing settings, I accidentally turned off the keyboard backlight so I cannot see it in the dark anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlight/b363df38-bacf-4bf7-b125-2c75bc1dc937
  9. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  10. win10 video editor in Photos: Export or share fails at 100% rendered with message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10 video editor in Photos: Export or share fails at 100% rendered with message...: win10 video editor in Photos: New project, Export or share fails at 100% rendered with message "Something happened we couldn't save". Now is also happening with a prior project that exported successfully before. ?...