Windows 10: Understanding performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations

Discus and support Understanding performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week the technology industry and many of our customers learned of new vulnerabilities in the hardware chips that power phones, PCs and servers. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Understanding performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations

Source: Understanding the performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations on Windows Systems Microsoft Secure

:)

Brink, Jan 8, 2018
  2. 5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    specter cpu vulnerabe

There was a critical update that was released, and will be automatically installed through Windows Update for Windows 10 users.

Please check
    January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192)
    . This article includes information about the known issues with the update, and the steps that you can take to resolve them.

For further reference with our concern please read,
    Understanding the performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations on Windows Systems.

Feel free to post back for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Rey Cam, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

Understanding performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations

1. Understanding performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown mitigations - Similar Threads - Understanding performance impact

2. Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.: Hi, a couple of days ago I disabled Spectre and Meltdown on my Windows 11 22H2 Laptop and now I am trying to enable it again but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried using a app called "InSpectre" to enable it but it didn't work and i also changed a couple of registry...
  3. Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.: Hi, a couple of days ago I disabled Spectre and Meltdown on my Windows 11 22H2 Laptop and now I am trying to enable it again but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried using a app called "InSpectre" to enable it but it didn't work and i also changed a couple of registry...
  4. Spectre and meltdown test

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spectre and meltdown test: Is there a way I can test for recent spectre vulnerabilities on win 10? All the tools I find online do not test for more recent issues submitted by /u/nocturnal_complex90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4un5t/spectre_and_meltdown_test/
  5. spectre and meltdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spectre and meltdown: After installed windows 10 1809 from 1709. I haven't perform any bios/uefi update except windows update. But inspectre program says microcode update available: yes instead of no. not to mention last time I performed bios/uefi update about 2 years ago. I'm...
  6. Windows 10 19H1 reduces impact of Spectre Mitigation to noise level

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 reduces impact of Spectre Mitigation to noise level: Earlier this year two major vulnerabilities were discovered which affected the core processes of the computer. Named as Spectre and Meltdown, these “speculative execution” vulnerabilities meant hackers could steal data by simply visiting a website. Though there were no known...
  7. Can Spectre, Meltdown etc mitigations be bypassed?

Can Spectre, Meltdown etc mitigations be bypassed?: I noticed Chrome have updated their browser with a 'new security feature' that will keep users safe from Spectre etc, however it will use 10-13% more RAM because of the increased number of processes running in real time. With this in mind - I know Microsoft has said that...
  8. Can Spectre, Meltdown etc mitigations be bypassed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Spectre, Meltdown etc mitigations be bypassed?: I noticed Chrome have updated their browser with a 'new security feature' that will keep users safe from Spectre etc, however it will use 10-13% more RAM because of the increased number of processes running in real time. With this in mind - I know Microsoft has said that...
  9. Spectre / Meltdown Looms?

Spectre / Meltdown Looms?: Maybe arriving soon? See http://www.securityweek.com/malware-...-flaws-emerges 103802
  10. Spectre mitigations in MSVC

in Windows 10 News
    Spectre mitigations in MSVC: Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities, called “speculative execution side-channel attacks,” that affect many operating systems and modern processors, including processors from Intel, AMD, and ARM. On the MSVC team, we’ve reviewed information...