Windows 10: Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

Discus and support Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we take a deep dive into what drives the engineering process. How we balance evolutionary features with truly revolutionary ones and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

Source: Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process - Microsoft Tech Community

:)

Brink, Oct 4, 2017
  2. E H P Win User

Windows 10 OneDrive

How does a Microsoft customer "download everything"?

Don't files have to be uploaded to OneDrive first?

It's almost as if the entire file structure of all of a Microsoft customer's devices must start in a OneDrive folder, right?

So, is this the process:

• pick a device,
    • move files into the OneDrive folder,
    • wait 3 or 4 months for the files to upload to OneDrive (if they upload at all),
    • wait 3 or 4 months for OneDrive to sync with the customers' other devices (if they sync at all)
    • wait for the error that the path is too long and a file cannot be synced thereby causing the entire OneDrive sync process to stop

During this process, Microsoft customers must understand:

• it is OK-Fine and Hunky Dory that they cannot work
    • the primary job of Microsoft customers is not to use Microsoft software but to:
      • fix Microsoft's faulty code
      • figure it out on their own how to use Microsoft software, how Microsoft has made changes without informing its customers, understand clearly the consequences of Microsoft's changes

Do I have the process correct?

If not I would like to know how we paying Microsoft customers are to use this OneDrive.

E H P, Oct 4, 2017
  3. What is Microsoft (C) Register? Windows 10 is suggesting I disable it.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

I request you to send a screenshot of the error message for better understanding.

You may go ahead and unlink OneDrive, so that it will not synchronize.

Follow these steps to Unlink and relink OneDrive.

Unlink OneDrive.

1. Right click on OneDrive Sync Engine icon towards the bottom right hand corner.

2. Select Settings.

3. Go to the Settings tab.

4.Click on Unlink OneDrive.

Re-Link OneDrive.

1. Launch OneDrive from the Start menu.

2. Log into Microsoft Credentials.

3. Change the folder location to a different one.

4. Complete the process.

Refer the following article to send the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

1. Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process - Similar Threads - Understanding OneDrive Engineering

2. Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...: Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive forWindows 11 build 22621 22H2Let us begin.We all know that Microsoft's OneDrive is automatically installed when you install the Windows OS, it is also setup to run automatically when you...
  3. Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...: Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive forWindows 11 build 22621 22H2Let us begin.We all know that Microsoft's OneDrive is automatically installed when you install the Windows OS, it is also setup to run automatically when you...
  4. do not understand onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do not understand onedrive: new laptop, I downloaded some music and photos. everything downloaded to onedrive which is now full. I have plenty of space on my hard drive. why does everything go to onedrive which i can't find or use......
  5. do not understand onedrive

do not understand onedrive: new laptop, I downloaded some music and photos. everything downloaded to onedrive which is now full. I have plenty of space on my hard drive. why does everything go to onedrive which i can't find or use......
  6. Help with understanding OneDrive

Help with understanding OneDrive: I am helping my husband clean up files on his Windows 10 laptop. The laptops hard drive has 2 partitions, a C and a D. The two partitions each seem to have their own OneDrive set up, so he has a LOT of duplicate photos. There are some photos that are on the C drive not in...
  7. Help with understanding OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with understanding OneDrive: I am helping my husband clean up files on his Windows 10 laptop. The laptops hard drive has 2 partitions, a C and a D. The two partitions each seem to have their own OneDrive set up, so he has a LOT of duplicate photos. There are some photos that are on the C drive not in...
  8. Help with understanding OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does anyone understand the DNS_PROBE process?: Do you understand the code behind the DNS probe function that is behind error messages such as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG? I've read the countless pages that describe what to do if you get the error; I am not asking what to do. I am looking for an understanding of the...
  10. Engine Version (understanding)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Engine Version (understanding): Hi Team, Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you help me understand what does 15100 denote here. How can I extract the month , date , year and other specific components that ca...