Windows 10: Understanding Window partions basics

Discus and support Understanding Window partions basics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What are all the files in D: for? What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition? Thanks 117119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Understanding Window partions basics

What are all the files in D: for?

What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition?

Thanks

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 1, 2018

2. partioning

There is actually such a thing as "partioning". But it would be odd if a drive is partioning all the time... And funny also...

The question is... What do he understand under the term partitioning...

Does he mean defragmenting? Or something else?

Alexei Stukov, Sep 1, 2018
  3. HairyFool Win User
    partioning

Understanding Window partions basics [​IMG]

HairyFool, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Understanding Window partions basics

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

Understanding Window partions basics

1. Understanding Window partions basics - Similar Threads - Understanding Window partions

2. Engine Version (understanding)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Engine Version (understanding): Hi Team, Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you help me understand what does 15100 denote here. How can I extract the month , date , year and other specific components that ca...
  3. Missing Recovery partions - is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Recovery partions - is that a problem?: In preparation for converting my boot drive from MBR to GPT I ran Disk Management and noticed I have no Recovery partition. This has caused no problem or I would have noticed it before, but is it going to be problematic in the future? MBR2GPT /validate reported no problem so...
  4. Recovery partion low on space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery partion low on space: I keep getting a notification that recovery partition is low on space. My C: drive shows 1.69TB free of 1.81TB, local disk D: shows 32.7 MB of 449MB free. Partition(?) was set up by Dell when new, under Win8. System was updated to Win 10 via online update. It would seem...
  5. windows cannot update system reserved partion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cannot update system reserved partion: windows won't update system reserved partition. how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-system-reserved-partion/2f943836-5464-4673-b605-115393033fca
  6. Windows basic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows basic driver: Hi i have a ASUSVivobooks14 S410UA I just brought it this year and didnt have any problems wIth it but recently its started to glith everytime i tried to log in after entering my passowrd as in going black and flickering i reaslied the problem was with my dispaly driver i...
  7. Understanding Window partions basics

Understanding Window partions basics: What are all the files in D: for? What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition? Thanks 117119
  8. Partions help

Partions help: A few days ago i lost everything on my computer, still not sure why ! Now i have these partition's ..... is there any way i can open them and look to see if my whole system that i lost pictures,file & documents are on one of them ??? And can i get them back if i find it ???...
  9. Partions help

in Windows 10 Support
    Partions help: A few days ago i lost everything on my computer, still not sure why ! Now i have these partition's ..... is there any way i can open them and look to see if my whole system that i lost pictures,file & documents are on one of them ??? And can i get them back if i find it ???...
  10. partioning/formating

partioning/formating: I resized my win10 500gb hdd --should I format the unallocated space now or when I go to use it? 52542