Windows 10: Understanding Window partions basics

Discus and support Understanding Window partions basics in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What are all the files in D: for? What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition? Thanks 117119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Understanding Window partions basics

What are all the files in D: for?

What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition?

Thanks

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 1, 2018

2. partioning

There is actually such a thing as "partioning". But it would be odd if a drive is partioning all the time... And funny also...

The question is... What do he understand under the term partitioning...

Does he mean defragmenting? Or something else?

Alexei Stukov, Sep 1, 2018
  3. HairyFool Win User
    partioning

Understanding Window partions basics [​IMG]

HairyFool, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Understanding Window partions basics

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

Understanding Window partions basics

1. Understanding Window partions basics - Similar Threads - Understanding Window partions

2. Partions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partions: I have an unused copy of windows 10, partitioned, taking up space on SSD drive. How do I delete this copy of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partions/d763401f-cd1e-48b6-8cfd-f4e9db5cc2e9
  3. Partions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partions: I have an unused copy of windows 10, partitioned, taking up space on SSD drive. How do I delete this copy of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partions/d763401f-cd1e-48b6-8cfd-f4e9db5cc2e9
  4. Partions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Puzzled by Partioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Puzzled by Partioning: I'm juggling (balancing) space allocated to several partitions, and was curious about the system partitions I'm seeing... I mounted a few of these to see what they involved... [img] Here's what I saw (please correct, and fill in the gaps of my understanding SYSTEM: This is...
  6. Puzzled by Partioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Puzzled by Partioning: I'm juggling (balancing) space allocated to several partitions, and was curious about the system partitions I'm seeing... I mounted a few of these to see what they involved... [img] Here's what I saw (please correct, and fill in the gaps of my understanding SYSTEM: This is...
  7. Windows Recovery Partion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Partion: Greetings, I am using windowd 10 19.09 the latest of now. Yesterday i messed with the system configuration and selected startup normal instead of selective. I ended up ruining my boot and had no restore point or image that i knew of, forcing me to reinstall Windows. Well I...
  8. Understanding Window partions basics

Understanding Window partions basics: What are all the files in D: for? What is the purpose of Volume 3 FAT32 Partition? Thanks 117119
  9. Partions help

in Windows 10 Support
    Partions help: A few days ago i lost everything on my computer, still not sure why ! Now i have these partition's ..... is there any way i can open them and look to see if my whole system that i lost pictures,file & documents are on one of them ??? And can i get them back if i find it ???...
  10. partioning/formating

partioning/formating: I resized my win10 500gb hdd --should I format the unallocated space now or when I go to use it? 52542