Windows 10: Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

Discus and support Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A couple of days ago I upgraded my HP Pavilion TS15 Laptop OS from the free MS Windows 10 Home version, with a purchased 2013 version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sassofalco, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

A couple of days ago I upgraded my HP Pavilion TS15 Laptop OS from the free MS Windows 10 Home version, with a purchased 2013 version of Windows 10 Professional. MS Office 2013 came with the package, and that included the email application, Outlook 2013.

I have four x email accounts - 1 x Outlook.com, I x Gmail and 2 x Hotmail., and after the upgrade decided to add all to Outlook 2013. The Outlook and 1 x Hotmail accounts were set up/added without any problems, including keeping their own folders.

However, at some point while adding 1 x Hotmail and the Gmail accounts, I appear to have accidentally linked the two accounts together. The folders lists that appear under each added account are exactly the same - as though both email accounts have been completely merged together, including the folder lists. In essence, all the folders in the Gmail account have been added to the Hotmail account folders list, and all folders from the Hotmail account have been included and added into the Gmail folders list...

Receiving emails difficulties: If an email comes in addressed to my Gmail account, the exact same email is also delivered to the Hotmail account, and vice versa. Additionally, if I prepare and send an email from one of the accounts - say the Hotmail account, then the same email is also sent from the other linked Gmail account. Everything to do with these two emails is automatically duplicated.

Sending emails difficulties: What is also most frustrating is that any email I send from either of the two rogue accounts, the end result is that the intended recipient gets two identical emails, one from each of the two linked accounts.

I need to somehow un-link the two email accounts from each other, to restore their original individual setup and folders/content lists.

:)

sassofalco, Apr 12, 2017
  2. LCRT Win User

Want to re install otlook app

there is no such thing as an outlook app - and you can't uninstall it, so when you say you've "accidentally uninstalled" it, that's not really what you did.

the phone shows email inboxes for each email account you've configured in settings / email and accounts. make sure your desired account is added there and configured for email, and you're done.

3. Can't link multiple Outlook accounts after resetting my phone

Found a solution. Tedious, but it worked.

1. Reset the phone

2. Select "Custom," NOT "Recommended" option

3. Skip step to sign in with Microsoft account

4. Avoid all options that request signing in until installation is complete

5. After installation is complete, go to Settings>email+accounts

6. Add secondary Outlook account as "Outlook" NOT "Microsoft." When asked if you want to use it to connect to Hotmail, Xbox, etc., select "No."

7. Add primary Outlook account as "Outlook" NOT "Microsoft". When asked if you want to use it to connect to Hotmail, Xbox, etc., select "Yes."

8. Add additional accounts as needed. I added two gmail accounts.

9. Go to Inbox app and link all accounts together.

I don't know what this indicates, but something is getting confused in the setup routines that prevents differentiation between the primary Microsoft login account and the secondary Outlook account unless they are both added as Outlook accounts.

Hope this helps MS figure something out.

Ken

Ken.Frantz, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

1. Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together - Similar Threads - Undo email accounts

2. How to link Microsoft account to my Outlook Email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to link Microsoft account to my Outlook Email?: Our company recently purchased a Dell Vostro 5620 for a new employee at my job. I began to set up the computer, logged into outlook, but did not create a password for the computer. When I got to work the next day, the computer requested a password that I did not create. It...
  3. How to link Microsoft account to my Outlook Email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to link Microsoft account to my Outlook Email?: Our company recently purchased a Dell Vostro 5620 for a new employee at my job. I began to set up the computer, logged into outlook, but did not create a password for the computer. When I got to work the next day, the computer requested a password that I did not create. It...
  4. Linking 2 accounts.

Linking 2 accounts.: I have 2 email accounts linked to myself. A Gmail and an Outlook. I thought at the time it was a good idea to eliminate spam from 'useful, wanted' emails and the shopping/spam stuff.Anyway, as things got more complicated and I got older and more forgetful, I find I have...
  5. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  6. Computers linked together

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computers linked together: I operate a small non profit. I bought laptops for my staff. when I started them up I signed into my Microsoft account to install windows and activate the office 365. now all the computers have the same desktop and files as my computer. how can I separate these and avoid...
  7. Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365: If I open an email then delete the email (either via the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar) I can not undo the action (teh undo icon is greyed out) However, sometimes it isn't but when clicked I get a popup error If I delete without operning it (either via the ribbon, Quick...
  8. trouble adding an email account to outlook

trouble adding an email account to outlook: I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information and it asks for the password that my internet service provides. I only have the WIFI Password. Is that the same thing?...
  9. Adding email address to Outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding email address to Outlook: I have been successfully using Outlook in Office 365 for all my email accounts for many years. Suddenly last Wednesday Outlook stopped downloading email from my Hotmail account. I am being told I have to use Windows Hello to sign on to my Hotmail account. My computer does...
  10. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...