Windows 10: Undoing a restore question.

Discus and support Undoing a restore question. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A recent Win10 update screwed up several things on my computer. I restored to a point prior to the 7-11-18 update, but Windows said it was unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bubba6532, Jul 22, 2018.

1. bubba6532 Win User

Undoing a restore question.

A recent Win10 update screwed up several things on my computer. I restored to a point prior to the 7-11-18 update, but Windows said it was unable to complete the restore (unable to access a file -- likely due to an antivirus). However, the incomplete restore appears to have fixed some of my problems. I'd like to undo the restore and then re-do the restore with the antivirus turned off. However, at this point, I don't appear to have the restore point available any longer. Will the old restore points be put back in place after undoing the restore, or am I screwed in this case. I can probably fix the problems manually if necessary, but it'll require re-installing a bunch of machine-specific drivers, and some of those re-installations are quite the pain.

:)

bubba6532, Jul 22, 2018

2. System Restore Undo

My OS is Windows 10.

I know how to so a System Restore, but cannot find a way of undoing
    it.

Can someone please provide me with step by step instructions for undoing a System Restore.

Many thanks.

AnthonyStirling, Jul 22, 2018
  3. undo system restore

Yes in the system restore options there will be an Undo button to go back.

1. If you boot to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, you must be signed in as an administrator to undo a system restore.

2. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

3. Click/tap on Advanced options.

4. Click/tap on System Restore.

5. If you booted to advanced startup options from your Windows 10 installation media, click/tap on your listed Windows 10 OS, and go to step 7 below.

6. If you booted to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, click/tap on an administrator account you want to provide credentials for.

A) Enter the password for this administrator account, and click/tap on Continue.

7. Click/tap on Next.

8. Select the restore point that has Undo for its "Type", and click/tap on Next.

See if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Undoing a restore question. - Similar Threads - Undoing restore question

2. Undo restore previous version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo restore previous version: I right-clicked a file in documents with the intention of READING a previous version but I accidentally RESTORED the previous version.Can I undo the restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-previous-version/ba00246f-b696-4de2-8341-f2a37a4d260d
  3. Undo restore previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo restore previous version: I right-clicked a file in documents with the intention of READING a previous version but I accidentally RESTORED the previous version.Can I undo the restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-previous-version/ba00246f-b696-4de2-8341-f2a37a4d260d
  4. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  5. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  6. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unsuccessful undo restore

Unsuccessful undo restore: Yesterday I deleted a program and the folder then emptied recycled bin, I moved a few notepad files from folder to desktop before I deleted. I then reinstalled program and added files to folder. It didnt bring up the files so I did a system restore to 11.13.2020, and now I...
  8. Can I undo a restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I undo a restore?: In an attempt to recover a database file I lost I thought I would restore my computer to just a few days ago. (I know - trying to peel a banana with an axe...) The restore dialogue had Dec 1 2019 as the restore point date. I did it - but it took the computer back to day 1 -...
  9. Undo restore point

Undo restore point: I have lost Google e-mails and it seems lots of other stuff. Can you please help? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-point/9cb3414b-9ef5-4530-a731-56ec5c71f925
  10. How to undo restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to undo restore: I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I could not make or edit any files in documents, only folders. I think the issue is because something recommended signing in...