Windows 10: Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having this problem where I don't get context menus plus I can't access the properties options of the start menu I get this: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lpcysmi, Jul 30, 2015.

1. lpcysmi Win User

Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro

I am having this problem where I don't get context menus plus I can't access the properties options of the start menu

I get this:

Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

Instead of this:

Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

I also don't get context menus when I right click on my start menu. I tried PowerShell command Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

a

and nothing it didn't fix it. There is no previous restore point as I just upgraded

I tried returning to 7 and reinstall 10 and same thing happened
    I tried to create a new user, it had the same problem
    I tried installing Classic shell and it crashes every 5 mins

All of the rest of the OS seems to work except the start menu

UPDATE: For the time being I am reverting back to 7, as it s unberable, if anyone knows how to fix this i will be very happy

:)

lpcysmi, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Cray50 Win User

Making unedited copies of home dvd's using Windows 10

I have converted my old home movie vhs tapes to dvd and now I want to make additional, unedited copies for family members. I have Windows 10. Can I do this easily without downloading 3rd party software? If so, how is it done? If not, what free, easy
    to use software exists that would allow me to load the content onto the computer and then transfer it unedited to a blank dvd? Thank you !

Cray50, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit Start Menu Not Opening

Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit Start Menu Not Opening

macherla_vijay, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro

1. Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Uneditable Start Menu

2. Start menu/apps not transparent on desktop with windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu/apps not transparent on desktop with windows 10 Pro: I have bought windows 10 Pro years ago. even after a lot of updates I don't get transparency effect in start menu or apps bar. i have turned on transparency in personalisation, still not working. But I have another notebook in which same transparency effect was there even...
  3. Start menu windows 10 pro

Start menu windows 10 pro: Hello, I have windows 10 pro installed in my pc but i don´t like anithing the star menu in all monitor. Can I put a normal menu? And use the all monitor to put past and files? Br Carlos Silva...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart

Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart: This is a new laptop I just got yesterday. Every time I restart the machine the Start Menu Resets to factory setting. (When I try to change the layout and apps, upon restart it's not the way I left it before the restart). I tried to "re-register" the start menu with...
  5. How to make an uneditable Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make an uneditable Windows: Hi I would like to know how to make an uneditable Windows. Meaning it is always the same when you reboot all changes are gone (downloaded and installed programas, Updates, modified files etc.... The intention would be for use in a lan house. 127958
  6. Limit Start Menu Items Shown in Windows 10 Pro

Limit Start Menu Items Shown in Windows 10 Pro: I have 3 new laptops I am using for a business. They are all running Windows 10 Pro. I recall in earlier versions of Windows I could use gpedit to limit the number of items shown on the Start Menu, e.g. only show Internet Explorer and WSFTP. It would look like a very small...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Start Menu

Windows 10 Pro Start Menu: Good Morning, I posted prior to this one in regards to the start menu not saving changes. The current build is 17763.134 as of Oct. 2018 update and it appears MS did not address the start menu issue. The fixes on the net do not correct the issue either. The last reply I...
  8. Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving: I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I have. Could someone give me the correct fix for this issue. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bob...
  9. Unediting a saved photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unediting a saved photo: I tried to edit a lovely photo of my family by getting rid of red eye. It didn't save a copy and now it looks like we have weird blue masks on our faces. Please help! Can this be undone as i don't have another copy and it automatically saved it as it it... I am so upset....
  10. Running an uneditable Batch file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running an uneditable Batch file: Hi people, Got a task to run a certain CMD command on a number of PCs as administrator. So I thought i would create a batch file doing this. This is not the issue. The issue is that I am unable to lock down successfully so people cannot just edit the file to see the admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu not uneditable