Windows 10: Unerasable folder in the Recovery Partition

Discus and support Unerasable folder in the Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Hitachi Touro Pro Backup Disk which contains backup data from a discarded computer. I tried copying the data to a DVD using the replacement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hsg, May 11, 2016.

1. HSG
    hsg Win User

Unerasable folder in the Recovery Partition

I have a Hitachi Touro Pro Backup Disk which contains backup data from a discarded computer. I tried copying the data to a DVD using the replacement laptop (in order to use it on the new computer) but somehow (and I don't understand how) the data wound up in the Recovery Partition (Drive D) of my HP Envy Laptop running Windows 10. When trying to erase this folder I first have to uncheck the ReadOnly box in the Property window. It then goes through an elaborate erasing procedure involving all the subfiles and finally announces that the folder has been erased. The Recovery Partition Property window shows that the unused memory has been restored. However it does not go into the Recycle Bin. Not long thereafter I receive a Low Disk Space warning and on checking the Recovery partition find that the folder has been restored. I have attempted the procedure several times with the same result. How can I finally erase this folder?

:)

2. Retrieving deleted pics from active sync and mobule unit

Where were these files saved? If they were on the storage card, you can try a recovery tool like
    Active Uneraser to recover your files using a card reader.

Linley Meslier, May 11, 2016
  3. RBBolin Win User
    Move Recovery Folder to Another Partition or Disk

Thanks for the quick reply. What I am looking for is a way to move the recovery
    folder to another drive. The recovery partition is on a HHD and isn't a space problem. The recovery folder contains two files that take up the space I want to recover:

C:\Recovery\Customizations\FactoryApps.ppkg

C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg

A google search will find a lot of confusion between recovery folder and a recovery partition. The confusion is made worse by the fact that the two items have a similar size.

RBBolin, May 11, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

You may have to download a Puppy Linux ISO and create a usb or dvd boot, upon booting that device -- delete that folder.

RolandJS, May 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Unerasable folder in the Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Unerasable folder Recovery

2. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  3. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  4. Partition Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Partition Recovery: Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm experiencing with my WD MyBook 2TB external hard drive. The drive suddenly disappeared from File Explorer...and when I...
  5. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery partition: Hi all, After recent Windows updates my disk0 C: has now only 16GB of space. disk1 D: has 850 GB. Is there a way to move some of this from D: to C: ?? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/8efef761-2f1d-49e8-85a6-3e4b4fade16f
  6. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  7. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...
  8. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: A while ago I installed windows on my Samsung SSD drive and its Recovery Partition was created on the second HDD internal hard drive. After a Force Shutdown, the SSD drive failed and I had to replace it with another Kingston SSD drive. It was not possible to recover...
  9. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery partition: My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?...
  10. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?: I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later upgraded (using the "not keep any data" option) to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit release. The system drive now has a "Recovery" folder in...