Windows 10: Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop

Discus and support Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new Dell windows 10 laptop. When it had completed setting up it displayed the same screen image that I use on on my windows 10 desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephineGreenan, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop

I bought a new Dell windows 10 laptop. When it had completed setting up it displayed the same screen image that I use on on my windows 10 desktop computer. I changed the laptop display and now my desktop has taken that image. WHen doing this only one ocmputer was turned on at any time. WHere is my desktop image being stored, and I have I given inadvertant permission for it to be accessed. THis is quite important because sometimes I write reminders or other other information on hte desktop image.

:)

JosephineGreenan, Aug 19, 2018

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Aug 19, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop

n-ster, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop

1. Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop - Similar Threads - Unexpected communication between

2. Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host: Problems occurred between the communication of the hard disk and the host Only 2tb drives have this issue, 3tb and up do not. Win10 pro 64x...
  3. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop: On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-giant-as-size-difference-between-128mb-and/b3a9546b-013b-4b48-8de6-62f137dbfcb8"
  4. Back-Up System between laptop and desktop

Back-Up System between laptop and desktop: Hi, Is there a recommended solution for setting up an automated back-up system between a Windows 10 Desktop and a Windows 10 Laptop? I have both machines connected on the home Wifi network and I hope to be able to work on files on the laptop that would have changes...
  5. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  6. Ethernet communication between two computers

Ethernet communication between two computers: Hello, I am having trouble completing the circuit for two way ethernet communication. I have a laptop running windows 10 home connected via ethernet to a desktop running windows 10 pro. I am able to access files on my desktop through my laptop via ethernet. However, I am...
  7. no communication between computer and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no communication between computer and keyboard: Dell computer, W 10, is four days old and it suddenly stops communicating with the desktop. Logitech mouse still active and moves around on screen, but there are no letters written. Microsoft updates made no difference. switches are on and batteries new. Any suggestions? 43241
  8. Learning about communication between 2 laptops

Learning about communication between 2 laptops: I have a 3 year old laptop running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. It is having some issues that had me purchase a new laptop. I'll call the old laptop A and the new one B. A and B have both been set up with the same Microsoft account. The network settings for both of...
  9. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop: So without being too hyperbolic, I'm about to die! I've spent too many hours with 0 progress and am beginning to resent pcs in general. I have 3 pcs (2 desktops and a laptop) all wired via gigabit. In short - my desktop (a) can see itself and my laptop under network,...
  10. Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop

Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop: Hi Guys, This issues has been driving me nuts since the 1703 Creators Update. I've searched the web and tried pretty much everything to fix it with no luck. So I let it slide until now. I've finally decided to raise the issue here to see if the greatest minds in the...