Windows 10: Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10

Discus and support Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 OS on Dell Inspiron N5040. However, despite the numerous upgrades that come with this version, my computer keeps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HafidhMalik, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10

I recently updated my Windows 10 OS on Dell Inspiron N5040. However, despite the numerous upgrades that come with this version, my computer keeps on shutting down. What could be the problem, please. Before the update, my pc was very stable but it has become unusable. Kindly assist me to solve this mess.

:)

HafidhMalik, Jul 16, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10

The previous system shutdown was unexpected

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that your Computer shuts down automatically and gets error code
    6008, "The previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I appreciate the efforts who took to resolve the issue. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please refer the suggestions given by
    Ronald K
    using the below link and check if that helps.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

Also refer the suggestions given by Shinmila H using the below link and check if that helps.

unexpected shutdown "event id=6008"

Note : This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10

1. Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unexpected Shutdowns upgrading

2. Unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10: Hi, I've been getting unexpected shutdown in my laptop for a while and still i didn't get to fix it, it only happens when it's running without the charger.i tried multiple solutions even i did a reset for windows 10..Hope someone will help me get through this....
  3. Unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10: Hi, I've been getting unexpected shutdown in my laptop for a while and still i didn't get to fix it, it only happens when it's running without the charger.i tried multiple solutions even i did a reset for windows 10..Hope someone will help me get through this....
  4. Unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  6. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  7. unexpected shutdown

unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  8. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  9. Windows 10 Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Unexpected Shutdown: My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly. Can someone tell if it is hardware issue? Here is the shutdown log: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unexpected-shutdown/9edb9dfb-24c0-4869-9612-f985fe804802
  10. unexpected shutdowns in windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

unexpected shutdowns in windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!: I bought an HP tower in 2015 with windows 8. I upgraded to windows 10 in probably 2016. Ever since I did a large windows update in late 2017, or early 2018 my computer will randomly shut down. Very annoying. I am pretty good with tech, and there seems no reason why this...