Windows 10: Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop

Discus and support Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A new picture has suddenly appeared on my desktop screen . This picture is of a blue pyramid shaped tower (a bit like a stylised Eiffel Towe) with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carmen, May 18, 2017.

1. Carmen Win User

Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop

A new picture has suddenly appeared on my desktop screen .
    This picture is of a blue pyramid shaped tower (a bit like a stylised Eiffel Towe) with two golden rings around its top (signyfying radio waves?).

This image is over 1 inch square and is right on top of two of my shortcuts which I cannot access. as no right/left click on it gives any response.
    Any ideas how to get rid of it?

:)

Carmen, May 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unable to Set Picture in Background

I am able to save as background, but it does not appear in the background itself, only under the thumbnails in the list of photos to pick from in the dialog to personalize the desktop. If I either choose a picture via the personalize property of the desktop,
    or via the context menu of a picture the result is the same: the background remains a solid color and only the thumbnails in the dialog boxes change.

Donald L.Ensley II, May 18, 2017
  3. How to sort pictures by date in Windows 10

Hi,

I have recently replaced a desktop which was running Windows 7 with a new desktop which is running Windows 10.

On the old machine I was able to save pictures by date. In the folder a date bar would appear and under it thumbnails of all the pictures taken on that date could be viewed.

However, on the new machine when I save the pictures by date thumbnails appear with the pictures in date order but no date bar is present.

Has this feature been removed in Windows 10 or is there something that I can do to regain this feature?

Regards

Original TitleUnexpected thumbnail picture on desktop :pictures on windows 10

BigLad_1950, May 18, 2017
  4. Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop

Good morning and welcome.

Maybe open File Explorer to your Desktop and see if it shows up there? If so Properties should show what it is. And maybe even allow you to remove it if necessary.

Good luck.

Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Open the This PC/Desktop folder and see if it's listed there.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop

1. Unexpected thumbnail picture on desktop - Similar Threads - Unexpected thumbnail picture

2. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  3. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  4. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  5. Picture icon no thumbnails

Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  6. thumbnails in pictures are greyed out

thumbnails in pictures are greyed out: when I tried to open "pictures" from either my "This PC" or from OneDrive results in an endless loop of downloading; I eventually stopped the process but now my thumbnails are greyed out...
  7. Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures

Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures: Lately, I've been having a problem with Groove. I download music, and since it's youtube to mp3 stuff the titles usually don't match up with the actual song. Groove has a habit of giving my music a picture that sort of goes along with it, and it wasn't a problem until it...
  8. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  9. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461