Windows 10: Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10

Discus and support Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need some help please. I have a Dell Dimension E521 which is running Win7 ultimate fine. I reserved Win10 and have got the icon. It told me that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 26dipp, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 26dipp Win User

Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10

I need some help please.
    I have a Dell Dimension E521 which is running Win7 ultimate fine.
    I reserved Win10 and have got the icon. It told me that I would not be able to upgrade because of my old graphics card. The old one was a Radeon X1300 256 MB and only running Direct X9. No problem I thought and changed the card to a NVidia GT610 2GB with drivers for win10. The system window shows this card and so does Everest but the Windows 10 system check is still stuck with the old card which is not even in the PC.

How can I get Windows 10 system check to check properly?

:)

26dipp, Sep 19, 2015
  2. R4NDY_961 Win User

"Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10. The CPU is not supported"

I want to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I keep getting the following message:

Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10 [​IMG]
    "The CPU is not supported."

I am absolutely sure that my PC is more than capable of running Windows 10 because these are my specs:

Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10 [​IMG]

And these are the system requirements for Windows 10:

• Processor:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

• RAM:

1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
    I've seen older computers running Windows 10 (see link below).

I refuse to believe that my PC is "unable" to run Windows 10. This has to be some mistake. Is there anyone who can help me?

This Windows 10 photo will give hope to millions | TechRadar

R4NDY_961, Sep 19, 2015
  3. EdgeBerg Win User
    "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10. The CPU is not supported"

Well, I have, since I posted above, installed Windows 10 on my HP Mini 5102 twice. Once was straightforward: A clean install on a borrowed hard drive. This convinced me it should be possible to do the upgrade, so I attempted it on a cloned copy of my Windows
    7 installation (so I'd be sure I could go back). This wasn't so straightforward, probably due to pre-existing Windows configuration plus the foibles of the Windows-launched installer. The Windows configuration I speak of is the DEP settings you mentioned,
    and perhaps more, because changing the DEP setting to include all programs didn't solve it. I got it to upgrade by running the setup.exe found in a subfolder of the Windows 10 DVD (which I'd written to a USB stick). This trick, which bypasses (at least some
    of?) the checks in the setup.exe in the root folder, is from Windows 8; it is still valid for 10.

I haven't upgraded my actual Windows 7 installation yet, for 3 reasons: (1) I wanted to see the detection code fixed, (2) I didn't want to be a very early adopter, and (3) now that the bug has been fixed (at least for my case; after a Windows Update that
    said it was for the Get Windows 10 app, it said my PC was Good to Go), I haven't found the time to do it yet.

EdgeBerg, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  5. 26dipp Win User
    Thanks I started to run it and download windows10. Will there be any checks along the installation?

26dipp, Sep 19, 2015
  6. If anything fails, it will just revert back to the old version and let you know.

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    Since you are downloading the files already anyway, I would just have a try.

The Get Windows 10 tool updates its data using a task, which is run at some point. This is the first Google result which looks like it would enable you to manually run this task again: How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

Joergi, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10

You're being overly optimistic in your advice ... There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts from folks on OEM forums who ran the Upgrade tool on their PCs only to have the upgrades fail -- and then, NOT revert back, and also have GoBack NOT work. There's even a thread on this forum about GoBack not being reliable.

A much sounder and safer recommendation is to tell folks to do an image backup of their PC to an external drive BEFORE doing the upgrade. That way, they will have a RELIABLE way to restore their older, working system, if the update fails and does not revert properly.

Mark Phelps, Sep 19, 2015
  9. Ok. Well, that's where you come in I guess.

DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10

1. Unfortunately this PC is unable to run Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unfortunately unable run

2. Unfortunately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unfortunately: The KB5021233 update issue in which if you installed it started on December 20th of this year, and is still ongoing. If this is taking longer than the Win32 hive issue, then this must be serious....
  3. Unfortunately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unfortunately: The KB5021233 update issue in which if you installed it started on December 20th of this year, and is still ongoing. If this is taking longer than the Win32 hive issue, then this must be serious....
  4. Unfortunately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10: I've noticed that whenever I try and use Chrome, it will work for a couple minutes then shut down. Whenever I try and open it again, it will open a black box for a second and crash. This has been going on for months. I've resorted to using Microsoft Edge, but I'd much prefer...
  6. unfortunately my updating windows restarted

unfortunately my updating windows restarted: While updating windows I connected USB to PC and the installation restarted from 0% when I reached 99% Is there any way so I can start from 99% to update...
  7. Disk running at 100% and unable to reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk running at 100% and unable to reset PC: My PC has been getting progressively slower to the point now where I am unable to do anything on it. It will take up to 15 minutes to allow me to log in, and once I have logged in it will take another 10 minutes to load everything on the desktop. I'm unable to use any apps or...
  8. Unable to connect to Office network from the PC running on Windows 10 Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to Office network from the PC running on Windows 10 Business: How can I connect to the office network … network cannot see this computer ***Modified title from: new xpx windows 10 business will not connect to the office network***...
  9. pc running windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc running windows 10: I have a pc running windows 10 and a WD external 2TB External HD i had toy format the HD to FAT 32 so i can put films on it to play on my Sony TV but problem is my pc (running windows 10) will NOT let me use the full TB on my HD it let me put 1 film on about 500 mg then when...
  10. PC will not run Windows 10

PC will not run Windows 10: I have a pc running windows 8.1 pro and I want to upgrade to windows 10, but when I use "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant" it says that my PC will not run windows 10. My CPU is OK, my Memory is OK, my Disk Space is OK, but the Operating System is not OK. It says "Contact your...