Windows 10: Unicode and Windows 10

Discus and support Unicode and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As a beginner, I'm stumbling from one headache to another. I'm wanting to work with a foreign language (tag = ksw-Mymr) on my early model Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulr, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Paulr Win User

Unicode and Windows 10

As a beginner, I'm stumbling from one headache to another.

I'm wanting to work with a foreign language (tag = ksw-Mymr) on my early model Windows Surface Pro that is running Windows 10

Windows has published a Language pack that provides most of the characters I need (Burmese), and there is another program called Keyman that can produce all of the characters needed, but......

Two character are meant to combine to make one, namely U+1063
    Unicode and Windows 10 [​IMG]
    and U+103A

When typed, one after the other, they should combine, resulting in
    but not for me *Confused

Sorry for the crudity, like I said, I'm a beginner.

Can anyone suggest where I can start looking for an answer for this issue?

Cheers

:)

Paulr, Sep 9, 2015
  2. PJR44D Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10, local account passwords no longer work!!!

I just "upgraded" my system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I am no longer allowed to logon with any of my local accounts. After a great deal of research and experimentation on other Windows 10 systems it seems as if Windows 10 does not recognize passwords
    with unicode characters! All of my local account passwords are complex and contain a unicode character - they've always worked on XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Server 2003 and Server 2008 R2. These problems do not exist if the password doesn't contain a unicode
    character. Unfortunately both my user and administrator passwords on the Windows 10 box contain unicode characters and I can no longer logon. This problem occurred immediately after upgrading to Windows 10 - obviously I haven't been able to use the system
    since the upgrade process completed. Any ideas? Thanks!

PJR44D, Sep 9, 2015
  3. BPZQ Win User
    non-unicode language in windows 10

how to set up non-unicode language in windows 10

BPZQ, Sep 9, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Unicode and Windows 10

rfruth, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Paulr Win User
    Thanks rfruth. Translation is not the problem. Typing the language is. In the past (about 30yrs ago) I created my own fonts, but that's not the way things are done today. Now the talk is about Unicode and Codepoints and Hieroglyphs and all sorts of other stuff that I can't even pronounce!

The capability is there for virtually any text in the world. We just have to learn how to use it properly.

I can use it... just not properly!

Hence my request for help.

Paulr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unicode and Windows 10

1. Unicode and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unicode

2. Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?: I have been finding really inconsistent information most of which is a decade old.I am having a really difficult time trying to type "special" characters. The obvious solution to me is to use Alt Codes or Unicode. However from application to application I get inconstant...
  3. Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Alt Codes and Unicode universal or not?: I have been finding really inconsistent information most of which is a decade old.I am having a really difficult time trying to type "special" characters. The obvious solution to me is to use Alt Codes or Unicode. However from application to application I get inconstant...
  4. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update: In the recent update to Windows 11, non-unicode fonts are not working. Not only telugu fonts, but even non-unicode English fonts are completely not working at all in my Windows 11, and I tried some software, like Photoshop, to use unicode fonts at this time, but it also did...
  5. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update: In the recent update to Windows 11, non-unicode fonts are not working. Not only telugu fonts, but even non-unicode English fonts are completely not working at all in my Windows 11, and I tried some software, like Photoshop, to use unicode fonts at this time, but it also did...
  6. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. problem with non-unicode telugu fonts after latest microsoft windows 11 update

9. How to update Unicode on Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Unicode on Windows 7?: How to update Unicode on Windows 7 to get the new characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-unicode-on-windows-7/8a7f3c3f-ce64-45a5-a81d-1812cc67b817
  10. How to update Unicode on Windows 7?

How to update Unicode on Windows 7?: How to update Unicode on Windows 7 to get the new characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-unicode-on-windows-7/8a7f3c3f-ce64-45a5-a81d-1812cc67b817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to type in marathi in window 10 version 1903