Windows 10: Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

Discus and support Unidentified icon displaying on desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by apportum, Aug 13, 2018.

1. apportum Win User

Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop:

Unidentified icon displaying on desktop d271bd25-6b6c-4b02-a4b3-94d2583d7359?upload=true.jpg

If I right-click, no additional choices appear.

The icon cannot be expanded.

I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this.

Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove it?

Jerry

:)

apportum, Aug 13, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

1. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop - Similar Threads - Unidentified icon displaying

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. Icon at taskbar unidentified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon at taskbar unidentified: Update window last two weeks and the icons at the task bar or at the desk cannot be recognised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-at-taskbar-unidentified/6e646186-d323-43f6-9eab-d1f54805a1bb
  5. Icon at taskbar unidentified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon at taskbar unidentified: Update window last two weeks and the icons at the task bar or at the desk cannot be recognised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-at-taskbar-unidentified/6e646186-d323-43f6-9eab-d1f54805a1bb
  6. Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen: I have noticed that there is an error while displaying icons on the desktop screen. After the last row of icons, you will find a gap between the taskbar & last icons rowand if you try to add icons in that gap then your current icons position will be changed. This should not...
  7. Unidentified icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified icon in system tray: [ATTACH] Does anyone know what this round icon represents, the last one next to task manager icon? I've not installed or enabled anything new in weeks,. It has no mouseover info, no right click menu, and appears to do nothing on left click....
  8. Icons not displaying on the desktop

Icons not displaying on the desktop: No icons displaying on the desktop. Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-on-the-desktop/dae075be-a7c2-4932-a998-60e2734684a6
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Desktop display...icon location

Desktop display...icon location: I like to separate my icons into categories. However, recently all icons moved to the left side of the screen and I can not change any icon locations. How to I correct this so I can relocate the icon position on the desktop?...