Windows 10: Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright, so I've been following all of the 100k other post about this and it's gotten me nowhere, so I figure I'll post and hopefully get more direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xxmattattackxx, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Alright, so I've been following all of the 100k other post about this and it's gotten me nowhere, so I figure I'll post and hopefully get more direct help.

Having the "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP config" problem totally out of nowhere. My Windows 10 PC is a new build, and I'm currently using a Windows 7 wifi laptop to tether internet TO the Win10. It was previously working, and then just stopped totally.

I've done numerous CMD resets, driver checks, uninstall/reinstalls of adapters to no avail. I'd appreciate ANY help!

:)

xxmattattackxx, Mar 19, 2016
  2. DaqSan Win User

Internet

My computer say the network is unidentified and the ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

DaqSan, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Recently I have found myself unable to connect to the internet with an ethernet cable. The connection is an "Unidentified network" and the troubleshooter tells me "'Ethernet' doesn't have a valid IP configuration." I encountered this very problem a few
    months ago with Windows 7, and upgrading to Windows 10 seemed to work after a couple of days.

Seamus O'C, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-DH3M75M
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F8-32-E4-BD-B0-BD
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::446c:df6a:f31b:8865%14(Preferred)
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.136.101(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 284701412
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1E-7B-01-2B-F8-32-E4-BD-B0-BD
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{BF88B0D8-A413-4C33-B390-8158BAE83361}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

xxmattattackxx, Mar 19, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.136.101

Means your not getting an address from your router, Disable and your Ethernet adapter for a few seconds then re-enable it, If that does not work turn your router off for about 10 15 seconds and then turn it back on see if that works.

Post back if you need anymore help.

sml156, Mar 20, 2016
  6. What I meant was that by searching the forum the OP would find that many people have the same problem, with no one solution.

nigelmercier, Mar 20, 2016
  7. I've searched the forum and gone over many of the solutions and had no luck fixing the problem, so I'm looking for more direct help based on my setup, which I said at the beginning of the post.

Just to paint the picture a little better, my tether/internet chain is WiFi Router>WiFi Laptop(Host)>Ethernet cable>Desktop(Problem computer).

I've reset and disabled the Ethernet adapter on both PC's probably in the 30's of times so far, as well as the laptops WiFi adapter. Trying a Router reset right now though.

xxmattattackxx, Mar 20, 2016
  8. Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Restarted the Router, no fix. ]:

9. FIXED IT. I have no true idea how, but I fixed it. I'm 99% sure the problem was from the Laptop (Host computer). Played around with the ipv4 and adapter settings and looked over and the Windows10 PC was good. Thanks for the replies.

10. Apologies, I didn't understand what you meant. Glad you fixed it, but isn't it frustrating when you don't know how!

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

1. Unidentified Network/Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - Unidentified Network Ethernet

2. Ethernet unidentified network, Ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet unidentified network, Ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration: i have tried everything i mean everything every video every website, last night my ethernet was connected and fine but i woke up with it being broken, saying unidentified network, when i troubleshoot it says ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration, list of things ive...
  3. Ethernet unidentified network, Ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet unidentified network, Ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration: i have tried everything i mean everything every video every website, last night my ethernet was connected and fine but i woke up with it being broken, saying unidentified network, when i troubleshoot it says ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration, list of things ive...
  4. Ethernet unidentified network, Ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: I have Ethernet over power to a pc, and a laptop in another room, the laptop received the message the "Ethernet doesn't have a valid i p configuration". I tried all of Googles fix it tips but nothing has worked, I decided to plug a spare Ethernet cable into the router and...
  6. Unidentified Network - Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP configuration

Unidentified Network - Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP configuration: Just did a clean install via the latest Windows Media Creation Tool and when the installation process says 'Let's connect you to the internet', it wouldn't let me choose that option because the only option I had was Unidentified Network, so I skipped that. Now I have Windows...
  7. Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration: Hey, My gf's computer in her office (a school) was slow and riddled with viruses, so I had the bright idea to use the media creation tool to upgrade the machine to from win7 to win10 (x86) - clean install. Now, the ethernet that it was connected to before gives the error...
  8. Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi: Before I bring this computer in, I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them. I've tried just about everything I can think of to google, and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels. Though I've tried...
  9. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello, I'm about 4 hours deep into trying to fix this. I've followed several forum posts with similar issues, with no luck. I've been running windows 10 on my PC with my current hardware (including modem/router) for about a year now with no issues. Yesterday I booted...
  10. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration: So i decided to move on wired network connection for some reason and i can't make it work. To sum it up, i have a router that has 2 ports which offer 10mbps apparently and other 2 with 100mbps. I tried all 4 with a laptop and they work as expected ( same cable used ). Now,...