Windows 10: Unidentified Network / No Connection

Discus and support Unidentified Network / No Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After much skepticism towards Windows 10, I finally decided to give in and upgrade from Windows 7 before the deadline, but much to my dismay, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ried, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Ried Win User

Unidentified Network / No Connection

After much skepticism towards Windows 10, I finally decided to give in and upgrade from Windows 7 before the deadline, but much to my dismay, I encountered this problem as soon as the new OS finished installing, and I was unable to activate the product before the deadline as a result. Over the span of these 2 days, I've spent no small amount of time sifting through similar issues from others, searching for a solution, and attempting many of the suggested answers. Troubleshooting lead to nothing in all cases, I've uninstalled my anti-virus software, I've t using ipconfig /release and /renew , resetting winsock, as well as flushing DNS in the command prompt, whatever other suggestions barring the seemingly more extreme ones; nothing thus far has helped in any way whatsoever. I would like not to have to revert back to Windows 7, but 10 has given me little hope in a better solution at this point. Anything else that could potentially solve my problems would be much appreciated. If there is any additional information I could provide that would be of assistance to that end, I'd be more than willing to provide it if able.

Unidentified Network / No Connection [​IMG]

:)

2. Saikat22 Win User

LAN - Unidentified Network (No Network Access)

LAN - Unidentified Network (No Network Access) .
    I connect to laptop through wired connection, i have windows 10 and another running with windows 7. I get the message in network profile "Unidentified Network ".

how i can solve this problem.

Saikat22, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Network connection shows that it is connected but Unidentified Network and No Internet Access showing Windows 10.

Original Title - Wifi

Network connection shows that it is connected but Unidentified Network and No Internet Access showing. After the second update for windows 10. Please resolve this issue.

Rahul Beesetty, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Can you open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all and post results

Samuria, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Ried Win User

6. Samuria Win User
    Its not getting an ip as its getting default 169 range delete all the not used connections. Does the router show a light on the port to indicate a connection have you tried another cable?
    Open an elevated cmd prompt ie find cmd.exe right click choose run as admin type each line press return
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew /
    netsh advfirewall reset
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    disable ipv6
    Can you get this on via usb or simliar
    Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
    Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
    Reset FF proxy Settings
    Reset Ie Proxy Settings
    Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Samuria, Jul 30, 2016
  7. Ried Win User
    The router does show a green light for the connected port, I can't really try another cable, but the cable in use was working fine with that PC on Windows 7 right before upgrading.

MTB.txt

8. Samuria Win User

That shows all network and blue tooth devices are set to disabled check in device manager and enable them

Samuria, Jul 30, 2016
  9. Ried Win User
    I thought I did check the device manager to see if anything was disabled early into this problem, but I re-enabled them all in any case as they weren't at that time, you were right. I restarted my computer, and plugged that cable directly into the modem, and that finally got that computer online. Unfortunately I believe my ancient router was part of the issue because I can't get anything else connected through it anymore, but I'll be having it replaced soon, and hopefully that will solve everything else.
    Thank you very much, you've been most helpful, I greatly appreciate it.

Ried, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unidentified Network / No Connection - Similar Threads - Unidentified Network Connection

2. Network unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network unidentified network: I have my router connected to my modem and my windows 10 computer connected to my router to use internet. Everything works fine. Now, why is it when i connect my computer directly to the modem I get “unidentified network, no internet”. shouldn’t I be able to get internet...
  3. Unidentified network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network: Hi Team,We have done Clean boot OS installation from windows 7 to windows 10. After OS upgrade the ethernet connection shows "Unidentified network". I have tried below steps,1. Network reset2. Device driver remove and re-install3. Executed below commands in command prompt and...
  4. UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK, NO INTERNET CONNECTION

UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK, NO INTERNET CONNECTION: Sometimes I get the "Unidentified Network, No internet access" even when I have internet and the laptop has been previously connected to the wifi network. Please help me resolve and avoid future occurrences of this.For today, I had used the following to get reconnected;i....
  5. Unidentified network

Unidentified network: My Windows 10 computer keeps connecting to an unidentified network. How can I stop and prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unidentified-network/7e04abcb-a803-429b-9103-e1168dc84db9
  6. Unidentified Network No Connection

Unidentified Network No Connection: 2 days ago I first experienced the problem where my internet was disconnected randomly. When it attempted to reconnect it said that it connected to an Unidentified Network and the was no internet access. I had already looked at other threads for this issue and tried all of...
  7. Unidentified network

Unidentified network: If anyone could help me solve this problem it would be terrific! I've had this problem for the last 1 and a half weeks, I need an Ethernet connection to play video games, and when it doesn't work it can be quite frustrating. I've have tried all of the so called solutions on...
  8. VPN - Unidentified Network (Although Connected)

VPN - Unidentified Network (Although Connected): I am using NordVPN and should point that this is not a 'problem' as such.I am just wondering if I can get Windows 10 to correctly identify that I am connected to NordVPN rather than saying 'Internet Access Unidentified Network' (in the system tray Network Status)?Best Regards...
  9. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...
  10. Unidentified Network Connection

Unidentified Network Connection: I had to unplug my netgear router to replace a bad wall receptacle and when I restarted it, I got the "unidentified network no internet access". I spent most of 4 hours trying to solve why my ethernet connection was not working - resetting the router and typical things...