Windows 10: "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

Discus and support "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem and then through a switch to allow for a fast wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CatEatsHam, Aug 17, 2016.

1. "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem and then through a switch to allow for a fast wired and decent wireless connection. My desktop seems to only connect to the internet when going through the router. I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and the weirdest part is that my laptop works fine with the same cable and connection that my desktop is meant to use. While my desktop says unidentified network my laptop works fine. Which leads me to believe that my computer is to blame. I've reinstalled and updated the drivers to no avail.
    Motherboard is MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming

:)

CatEatsHam, Aug 17, 2016

2. Internet connection works but still "Unidentified Network"

My wireless internet works but just saw when checking control panel/network connections  it says — unidentified network. There are lots of discussions about "Unidentified Network" but it is always about that there is no internet access whatsoever. My
    tech hotline just said that this is a Microsoft issue. Network driver is Realtek (10.8.311.2016). Windows 10, Version 1607, Build 14393.0. Thanks for any suggestion!

GopalMohan_das, Aug 17, 2016
  3. No Network Access on Ethernet after recent Anniversary Update

My Wifi works fine, but when I connect an Ethernet cable and try to run internet connection through it, the Ethernet says "Unidentified Network/ No Network Access". This only became an issue after the Anniversary Update. How do I get Internet access for
    Ethernet back?

JohnSpencer_678, Aug 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

What gateway do you have? Was everything working fine when you were running Windows 7 if you had it loaded on this unit, before installing 10?

bro67, Aug 17, 2016
  5. I'm not sure what you mean by gateway but I think part of the problem is that the adapter settings aren't being auto detected. Including the default gateway. I recently moved which is when this happened. It did work fine at my last appartment wired and I did have it working fine through the router at my new appartment. The only problem is when it's wired through only the modem.

CatEatsHam, Aug 17, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    When you go via a router you get an internal ip for all pc like 192.168.1.1 on most connections direct to the modem you get a live ip and unless you pay for more than one ip you can only connect one pc

Samuria, Aug 17, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    First off, why do you have an IP that is allocated to Fort Huachuca, AZ? And why are you trying to setup a network behind what is supposed to be a very secured Domain.

bro67, Aug 17, 2016
  8. "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

I would not put in a public forum any information related to my home gateway. That is an open invitation.

Just saying...

colphoenix, Aug 18, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Since you removed it, it is still a violation of DOD inappropriate use of their network, trying to go around the countermeasures that they have in place to keep the information private. It is no longer an open invitation, regardless. Getting around network firewalls and setting up your own computer to collect anything or use it against the rules that you agreed to if you are either a civilian contractor or active military, is no longer a discussion.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

1. "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem. - Similar Threads - Unidentified Network Internet

2. Unidentified network - No internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network - No internet: Ok so i bought a new PC, installed windows and when i entered my dekstop i couldn't connect to the internet. My ethernet cable worked perfectly before and after trying to reinstall the drivers many times i still can't figure it out. I bought a new cable and it still isn't...
  3. Unidentified network - No internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network - No internet: Ok so i bought a new PC, installed windows and when i entered my dekstop i couldn't connect to the internet. My ethernet cable worked perfectly before and after trying to reinstall the drivers many times i still can't figure it out. I bought a new cable and it still isn't...
  4. Unidentified network - No internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK, NO INTERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK, NO INTERNET CONNECTION: Sometimes I get the "Unidentified Network, No internet access" even when I have internet and the laptop has been previously connected to the wifi network. Please help me resolve and avoid future occurrences of this.For today, I had used the following to get reconnected;i....
  6. Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?: As the Title suggests I am having issues with my ethernet connection. My ethernet will randomly disconnect itself from the internet. When I unplug the ethernet and plug it back in it tells me that the network is unidentified and there's no internet. Sometimes when I plug it...
  7. Unidentified Network No Connection

Unidentified Network No Connection: 2 days ago I first experienced the problem where my internet was disconnected randomly. When it attempted to reconnect it said that it connected to an Unidentified Network and the was no internet access. I had already looked at other threads for this issue and tried all of...
  8. Unidentified network after replacing modem

Unidentified network after replacing modem: The rig im still running is custom built, about 10 years ago. I can give you the specs if relevant. It was originally installed with Windows Vista 64bit, later I replaced that with Windows 7 64bit, then upgraded to Windows 10. I have a cable internet connection through...
  9. Unidentified Network / No Connection

Unidentified Network / No Connection: After much skepticism towards Windows 10, I finally decided to give in and upgrade from Windows 7 before the deadline, but much to my dismay, I encountered this problem as soon as the new OS finished installing, and I was unable to activate the product before the deadline as...
  10. Working Internet Connection showis as Unidentified Network

Working Internet Connection showis as Unidentified Network: ....... my internet connection is working, but shows as unidentified network (see screenshot). How do I get it identified ...?... [img] 84538