Windows 10: Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding

Discus and support Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a K360 keyboard and an M570 trackball joined the same Unifying device. They occasionally stop responding for a while, usually just one at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gregyurkon, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding

I have a K360 keyboard and an M570 trackball joined the same Unifying device. They occasionally stop responding for a while, usually just one at a time, but sometimes, they both quit working for quite a while. Is this more likely a Logitech problem or a Microsoft problem, and what can I do to fix it?

:)

gregyurkon, Dec 13, 2017
  2. 'RickT Win User

Trackball Drivers not kicking in until after the Desktop is up.

Thanks for your continued participation, Jornel...

I deleted, then downloaded and reinstalled the latest drivers, from the trackball manufacturer. No change. Occasionally, the trackball is configured by the time the desktop comes up, but usually there's a wait time.

'RickT, Dec 13, 2017
  3. James RR Win User
    Logitech unifying receiver doesn't work following Windows 10 upgrade.

I was having this exact same problem, unable to link My Logitech M570 trackball on Windows 10, tried a bunch of approaches with no luck. But when I ran the the Unifying software as administrator, it worked perfectly. Try that if you haven't.

James RR, Dec 13, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding

Nope. Ancient device issue. Interference with the Unifying device is the biggest cause, along with a faulty trackball. The Trackball never worked right from day one. I have the MX Master and it works way better than the trackball ever did. I would also look at getting a Bluetooth keyboard instead of using the Unifying gear.

bro67, Dec 13, 2017
  5. M570 and K350 here with no issues. I have several M570's here that work just fine. The Unifying receiver can have issues if it plugged into a recessed USB port. Ports set back from the back of the case with lots of metal around it. I had one case where I had to put the little extended on the dongle. It's likely not software, it's not really needed for basic functionality. I haven't installed Setpoint in a dogs age. You really only need ot for those special function keys on the keyboard, those Blue ones. Occasionally I install just the unifying software if I need to link or unlink devices. What I would do is unlink each device from the dongle, then relink them again. A spare USB mouse will make that easier.

alphanumeric, Dec 13, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I plug my unifying transceiver into a USB extension, and hang it from my desk lamp to give my mouse and keyboard quick "line of sight" access to those devices. Works like a champ. Here's a photo:

Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 13, 2017
  7. The Unifying receiver uses 2.4GHz like many other devices so it can be subject to interference. As others have mentioned, I'd try an extension cable to move the receiver closer to your keyboard/mouse to see if it makes the issue go away.

That said, I have had Unifying receivers die on me in the past so if you still have the issue then it may be worth it to try a new one (Logitech sells them separately if you don't already have a 2nd one).

PolarNettles, Dec 13, 2017
  8. Laurent Win User

Hi
    I've read your problem test this >

it's a Logitech firmware update for Unifying vers 1.0.48 solve my problem of Logitech keyboard and mouse not responding. *Smile

Laurent, Dec 13, 2017
  9. It's not the batteries, and I tried un-pairing and pairing both devices to no avail. I switched to the receiver which came with the keyboard. Maybe that'll help. Also, I'm using version 2.50.25 of the software.

gregyurkon, Dec 13, 2017
  10. Laurent Win User
    This firmware for keyboards and USB key can correct two problems related to each other, specific to these models. To begin, for months, many users complain on the Logitech forum that the first keystroke is not taken into account by the keyboard when it remains inactive and automatically goes to sleep (Auto -SLEEP function). It is only at the second keystroke that the pressed keys begin to be transcribed by the keyboard to the system so that the first letter of the word entered is often missing if the user does not pay attention to it immediately. It only remains to rewrite the word! Logitech has taken this request into account and, thanks to this firmware corrected, the first keystroke is now well memorized even if the keyboard went to sleep.

This problem was all the more painful as the keyboards in question fall asleep very quickly to save energy after about 30 seconds to one or two minutes. The problem of losing the first contact was therefore recurrent and very inconvenient for some users. Logitech took the opportunity to extend the idle time before putting these keyboards to sleep without specifying how many minutes it has been worn now. It is possible that it is 10 minutes like what is done on other wireless keyboards of the brand (the K750 for example). Hopefully this will have a minimal impact on battery life and it's a pity that this duration is not customizable in the Options app like what can offer Logitech in the LGS for G933 headphones.

French informations translated by Google (sorry my english is not very good) *Wink

Laurent, Dec 13, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    If all that is true and Logitech updated the drivers, why are you sending everyone to an unknown web site to download them? Why are you not sending them to the Logitech site?

essenbe, Dec 13, 2017
  12. Laurent Win User
    see on Logitech Forum Forums

I give this link because it's one of my Drivers informations...

It's not an unkwon site for french users... it's a good database for firmware or drivers update
    same as
    Station-Drivers - NEWS but for Beta or specials drivers and firmware version *Wink

Laurent, Dec 13, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

The link to the Logitech forums instructs users to

We're aware of an issue affecting K780 MULTI-DEVICE WIRELESS KEYBOARD, K375s MULTI-DEVICE KEYBOARD or K850 PERFORMANCE KEYBOARD, where the first typed key is not detected after the keyboard comes back from sleep. We have a device (firmware) update that addresses this issue.

Please download the Device Firmware Update Tool and follow the steps in order to update your keyboard.

Device Firmware Update Tool for PC
    https://aws13-customer-care-assets.s...cureDFU_48.exe

Device Firmware Update Tool for Mac
    https://aws13-customer-care-assets.s.../SecureDFU.zip

You can always contact us from: Logitech Support

NOTE: to update your keyboard, it needs to be connected via the Unifying Receiver (USB Receiver). If your keyboard is connected over Bluetooth, please follow the steps below to connect over Unifying before performing the update. You can always re-pair your keyboard via Bluetooth after the update is complete.

Instruction to pair your keyboard with the Unifying receiver

• Download and install Logitech Unifying software Unifying Software - Logitech Support
    • Select the channel using the Easy-Switch buttons (1, 2, or 3) on which you want to connect the keyboard with your Unifying receiver. You can select a channel that's different than the current paired channel.
    • Open the Unifying software and follow the onscreen instructions to pair your keyboard with your Unifying receiver.

NOTE: the update should take about 5 minutes to complete. Please make sure that your computer stays on while the update is being performed, and please do not disconnect your device while the update is being performed (do not turn it off or switch the to another channel).

essenbe, Dec 13, 2017
  14. MrHudson Win User
    I use the M705 and a M510, both no software installed for them, they do tend to go to sleep when not in use. that is to save battery. the M705, I haven't had to replace the batteries in 4yrs. I never shut them off since they both go to sleep.

MrHudson, Dec 14, 2017
  15. bro67 Win User
    essenbe aws is the Amazon Web Servers. Do not know what the other link is. Why someone would send someone off to some wild site and state that there is a firmware update, when Logitech has not issued one for the budget items in a long time. Last time that I know that they updated the firmware, was because of the encryption key scheme that they were using before it was moved to 256-aes.

bro67, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding - Similar Threads - Unifying keyboard trackball

2. keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not responding: my keyboard which is Bluetooth with a usb wire no longer responds. It lights up and makes sound with each tap but doesn't show on page local, nor online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/9d0a92cc-f738-4442-8d49-3235259f245a
  3. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  4. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  5. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Some keys occasionally don't respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys occasionally don't respond: Hi everyone,I've already been through the guidelines by the following article https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-fix-keyboard-lag/The above article is about keyboard lags, but what I observe doesn't seem like a lag, because lag means responding with a delay, however what I...
  7. Some keys occasionally don't respond

Some keys occasionally don't respond: Hi everyone,I've already been through the guidelines by the following article https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-fix-keyboard-lag/The above article is about keyboard lags, but what I observe doesn't seem like a lag, because lag means responding with a delay, however what I...
  8. Trackball & Keyboard Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackball & Keyboard Freeze: We purchased a new Lenovo desktop that came with windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro so it would work with our office system. We use a Logitech keyboard and trackball with a unifyier. We have had a lot of issues with the computer locking up and requiring a hard...
  9. Trackball & Keyboard Freeze

Trackball & Keyboard Freeze: We purchased a new Lenovo desktop that came with windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro so it would work with our office system. We use a Logitech keyboard and trackball with a unifyier. We have had a lot of issues with the computer locking up and requiring a hard...
  10. keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not responding: After the last update the device went into tablet mode so I can only use the touch screen--how do I get the keyboard back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/8668eb74-3ce6-47c1-991a-7762d0867705