Windows 10: Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that came with Windows 8. I downloaded 8.1 and used that since 2013. I am now using Windows 10 and it has been it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Buck, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Buck Win User

Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that came with Windows 8. I downloaded 8.1 and used that since 2013. I am now using Windows 10 and it has been it good transition until the last update. I keep getting messages about dell backup and recovery not being compatible with this version of Windows (Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.11). I would just like to unstall the Dell application since I do not need it. I have a backup of my system should I need it in the future. Do I need this program? Has anyone removed it without it causing problems?

:)

2. CBGilpin Win User

Dell backup and recovery manager not working

updated to Windows 10, get message Dell backup and recovery not working. Can I just delete it, it came with the computer.

Dell backup and recovery- Original Title

CBGilpin, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Snowy55 Win User
    Dell Backup and Recovery Factory Recovery Disk

I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R Core i7 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (which I like very much better than 8.1 by the way) and Dell Backup and Recovery keeps reminding me that I need to make a new Factory Recovery Disk. I have created a System Repair
    Disk and created a System Image using the Windows utilities on Control Panel, but not a Dell Recovery Disk.

Do I need to do this?

Also, Dell Backup and Recovery keeps displaying annoying popup messages that are mostly advertising, and I am considering uninstalling it, but I have read mixed views on whether this is a good idea.

Is it safe to do this? Would I still be able to backup and recover my PC without it?

I haven't found anything on this topic from Win 10 users, so I would really appreciate some up-to-date advice. I find Dell Backup and Recovery 10% useful and 90% annoying, but I am scared to get rid of it without some reassurance (from someone other than
    Dell).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Snowy55, Nov 19, 2015
  4. edobson Win User

Hi Buck,

Whenever we get new Dell laptops in for our users at work, we remove Dell back up and recovery and it hasn't caused any issues at all so far. If you already have a method of backing up your system without using the Dell application, and the fact that you're getting a message saying it isn't compatible with your version of Windows 10 I would say just remove it if you have no need for it, it shouldn't cause any problems at all.

edobson, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Buck Win User
    Thank you for the information. I did not think that the system needed it but wanted to communicate with someone such as yourself. Hope you have a good weekend!

6. On mine I have just disabled the services for it

So the software is still there, it never runs and if I do ever need it in the future its easy to activate again

paulsalter, Nov 19, 2015
  7. edobson Win User
    No problem, hope you have a good weekend too!

edobson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall dell backup

2. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  3. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  4. Backup and recovery

Backup and recovery: I have read many posts, and many appear to me to be dated prior to Windows 10, or locked. So I am trying to get an understanding of what is what. 1. 1. What data is on a Recovery disc CD/DVD? 2. 2. What data is on a Repair disc? 3. 3. What data is on...
  5. Recovery & Backup

Recovery & Backup: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with the system backup Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 ASUS T200TA ; Windows10 version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 There is no...
  6. Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell: After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell [e5420 laptop]. Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win 10 upgrade. MS...
  7. Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery

Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery: Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery (Computer Dummy) I would like to enquire how to go about creating a system restore/backup/recovery for installed Windows 10. Two of my computers (Lenovo and 2x Medion) have a factory installed Windows 8 in a recovery designated...
  8. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10: Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10 I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you can now create recovery...
  9. Dell Backup and Recovery Error

Dell Backup and Recovery Error: Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing [img] Can some one please help? PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition.. 17963
  10. dell backup and recovery

dell backup and recovery: My wife is thinking about upgrading to windows 10 BUT she gets this message to please be sure to update to the latest version of Dell back up and recovery before upgrading to windows 10..My question is how does she know if she even has this program and is it really necessary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall dell backup and recovery

2. how to uninstall all backup and restore windows from laptop

3. dell factory backup windows 10

4. dell backup & restore manager,
  5. uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10,
  6. how to uninstall dell backup and recocery for windows 10