Windows 10: Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package

Discus and support Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just spotted the program Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package was installed on my desktop PC in December on the same date as the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package

I just spotted the program Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package was installed on my desktop PC in December on the same date as the program Intel Management Engine Components. I have no idea what Intel SDK for OpenCL does. Can I safely uninstall it? See below all Intel programs currently installed.

Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Teddy2016 Win User
    Teddy2016, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Nishan123 Win User
    Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3) Latest Drivers?

Another question.

I installed the intel processor diagnostic and it told me to install OpenCL but when I tried to it said I had to uninstall my graphics driver then install this. What is OpenCL and would it help with the performance of my laptop? For gaming or even normal
    use?

Nishan123, Sep 12, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Intel suggests it is a development environment so if you don't write Open CL programs you probably don't need it.

Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications | Intel® Software

I'd make a backup and then uninstall it (just in case it breaks anything to do so). I always uninstall/disable Intel stuff though so could be a bit biased.

5. I would leave the OpenCL SDK there...some apps and games can use it for improved calculation performance. The speed boost can be 10-200x depending on your hardware and calculation method used for a particular app.

Simple Matrix calculations using OpenCL is 40x faster on my Intel i5-2410M/HD3000 Graphics GPU VS normal CPU methods.

slicendice, Sep 13, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Thanks - something else I have might have installed it. Do you know what common programs / games use OpenCL SDK?

Steve C, Sep 13, 2017
  7. I am sorry, I don't know/remember which programs take advantage of this. I only know for sure which few does NOT use anything related to CUDA/OpenCL or any other tech related to GPUs. It could be some bench marking application that has installed it for you. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package - Similar Threads - Uninstall Intel SDK

2. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  3. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  4. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  6. Uninstalling driver package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling driver package: To get audio from some of my devices over USB devices are connected to the pc with USB cables I have to install a Windows driverpackage of Slicon Laborities. The package filename is CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip. Due to several error messages from the devices like "Can not open...
  7. OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU: Hey Anyone that's willing to explain this. I've been asking this question in my head for the past couple of months. "Can You Get OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU's without a proper GPU?" I've been researching for a while. Not finding any helpful information. I will mark any...
  8. Intel Media SDK DFP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Intel Media SDK DFP: hello , I was trying to download intel media sdk dfp on windows store but I accidentally pressed the cross button now can't download it and can't find it on Windows store . Can someone please help me ?...
  9. intel media SDK DFP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    intel media SDK DFP: hello so ye when I go to the Microsoft store it says that I have 56 update and none will update and there is one called intel media SDF DFP that is three quarters of the way done and says jst wont download, can u help me out please because I can't do nothing on my laptop...
  10. package runtime information corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package runtime information corrupted: I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit site that is not real....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel sdk for opencl cpu only runtime package

2. install intel sdk opencl for pc runtime only

3. sdk cannot find opencl drivers for intel core windows

4. opencl runtime uninstall,
  5. Intel SDK fort open CL-CPU only routine package,
  6. intel(r)sdk for opencl-cpu only runtim e package,
  7. deinstall opencl runtime for intel core,
  8. intel(r) opencl cpu x64 binaries remove,
  9. intel sdk for opencl cpu only runtime win10