Windows 10: uninstall Linux

Discus and support uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need some help fixing this computer. Iam about average on computer, no more ( a newbie here ) i didnt use any common sence. In my case if you dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chuckracer, Aug 14, 2016.

1. uninstall Linux

I need some help fixing this computer. Iam about average on computer, no more ( a newbie here ) i didnt use any common sence. In my case if you dont how to do something. Dont do it, ask for help.

My info is this. I have Windows 10 alongside Linux Peppermint. I tried uninstalling Linux. I tried to reset my computer and even tried refresh. It wont do that. Heres a screenshot.

My original computer OS when i first got this laptop, came with Windows 8 then 8.1 now 10 my goal is get 8.1
    But i would like to get this mess fixed first. ( i made the mess ).

I have did alot of research on this. What i hear and see most, insert CD or USB media. I got no type of media with this computer, i dont have a CD/DVD drive.
    Thanks Chuck

:)

chuckracer, Aug 14, 2016

2. Network icon disappeared from taskbar after Windows 10 Update 1511

so im going to uninstall windows sh10 an install linux that should work....

eddiebennett, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Angel_eye Win User
  4. Dropbox Win User

uninstall Linux

Hey,

I think that doing a clean install is the easiest way, since you can format the whole disk and then install Windows. Normally Linux makes his own part of a partition what you can delete, but it seems not that it's there.

You don't need an DVD to install Windows 8.1, an bootable USB will also work.

Dropbox, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Iam sorry i hate to ask dumb questions. Do you mean by clean install, buy my choice of Windows which is 8.1 i take the way i got this PC messed up now, probably isnt worth trying to fix. Am i right so far? Thanks Chuck

chuckracer, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    The screenshot you posted doesn't show any Linux on it but does show recovery partitions which should restore your PC but you seem to have three recovery partitions what did it come with?

Samuria, Aug 14, 2016
  7. It's most likely Win8.0 + bloatware

Better to download 8.1 and Clean install

Windows 8

Clean Install - Windows 8

The 1st link gets you the install media, the 2nd link gives guidance (you can skip the download in this tut if you already go it using the 1st link)

Note - a Clean Install wipes the drive - backup your data FIRST

What's on Disk 1?

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

uninstall Linux

1. uninstall Linux - Similar Threads - uninstall Linux

2. Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation: I have uninstalled WSL using BCUninstaller, it deleted all temp and cache and unwanted reg keys for me. But the is still the Linux server in the explorer.How can I remove it?...
  3. Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation: I have uninstalled WSL using BCUninstaller, it deleted all temp and cache and unwanted reg keys for me. But the is still the Linux server in the explorer.How can I remove it?...
  4. how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk: how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-linux-operating-system-from-my/8811891d-e0a1-43ec-b33b-b3bfef52190d
  5. how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk

how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk: how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-linux-operating-system-from-my/8811891d-e0a1-43ec-b33b-b3bfef52190d
  6. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  7. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  8. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint in dual boot mode. Removed the Linux...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint in dual boot mode. Removed the Linux...: Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint. Removed Linux partition before uninstalling Grub. Screen showing GNU GRUB version 2.06. Don't know what to do....
  10. Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint in dual boot mode. Removed the Linux...

Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint in dual boot mode. Removed the Linux...: Windows 11 not rebooting after uninstalling Linux mint. Removed Linux partition before uninstalling Grub. Screen showing GNU GRUB version 2.06. Don't know what to do....